Holy Spirit IS the Bible

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
B.H.

Re: Holy Spirit IS the Bible

Post by B.H. »

I definitely believe in angels and devils. One day I was standing on my front porch and felt this huge shove from behind. It was a small porch with room for only one person, yet I was shoved off of it onto the side walk below. I got a really bad bruise. I always suspected the devil or a devil was behind it. It only happened once though when I was about 15.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
ena

Re: Holy Spirit IS the Bible

Post by ena »

SolaDude wrote:The healthier perspective IMO relating to inspiration of the scriptures is the notion that all scripture from Genesis to Revelation are inspired words of God, from God, about God, His Spirit, His Son, His character, etc., etc., etc...and all of them act as conduits or vehicles "pointing" the reader to an end, that being to God Himself.....so readers can engage in a conversation perhaps like "what I believe seems to me at this point in time to be closer to what Scripture says than what you believe it says right now, even after we have fully discussed our perspectives with one another"....and such a stance should be respected by anyone and everyone, except the CofC, of course.....but I can't wrap my head around their thinking on the Holy Spirit, in fact, it is just so convoluted, I don't think they could possibly know themselves....
First humans wrote scripture not God.

Inspired does not meant they were told exactly to say. That is provable. It literally is derived from "in spirit." The spirit knows exactly what happened. The gospels do not factually agree. I believe they are adequate for God's purpose.

The CoC has no experience with spiritual things. Get by someone who has experience with spiritual things. The CoC has no positive answers because they wholesale judge other people. That is a sure path to failure. I am still learning.