Are There More Words Besides "Ludicrous" or "Absurd"?

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
KLP

Re: Are There More Words Besides "Ludicrous" or "Absurd"?

Post by KLP »

agricola wrote:Because Messianic 'Jews' make ownership claims to Judaism, klp. They appropriate the outer forms and take on the outer appearance of 'Judaism' in order to deceive. They 'practice to deceive' and deny actual Judaism any reality, attempting to blur it out of existence.

That's really rude, not to mention a few other things.

We'd far rather an honest Christian with an honest opinion that Christianity is correct.
Well as long as the shunning is justified then I guess it is OK. And there is your answer ena, yes, at least some Jews practice shunning, even saying that actual Jews are not Jews. In fact the Israeli Supreme Court has ruled that Messianic Jews are not allowed citizenship in Israel. And it is justified because these Jews decided to change from the religion they were raised in...(I know, go figure). They now hold new and different beliefs and values from how they were raised. And that is why I said the assertion made on this thread that Jews don't deny the truth of others or think they alone have truth doesn't seem to fit with the shunning. Because the practice of shunning itself seems to me to undermine this assertion of being open and inclusive. But that is just my opinion.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Moogy

Re: Are There More Words Besides "Ludicrous" or "Absurd"?

Post by Moogy »

We have drifted far afield from the original post, and now an issue arises that has been discussed over and over and over... This is the agreement and support section of the board, so I think this discussion is ready to come to a close now, before disagreements and non-support have the opportunity to arise.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages