C of C People Can Be Mean

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
kneedeep

Re: C of C People Can Be Mean

Post by kneedeep »

faithfyl wrote:
kneedeep wrote:Also I didn’t like the fact that I was expected to chase the men there. Um excuse me, but isn’t it supposed to be other way around? ..
I think they did expect women to be all over the men, chasing them. Sometimes if I even talked to another single male, it was assumed I was after him. I once briefly spoke to a young man, I had no interest in him beyond basic chit chat, and some woman comes up and says loudly to me "he's married". I was embarrassed at the time, but now I just feel embarrassed for her that she would say something like this.
Ugh, soo nosey! I had those assumptions about me as well when talking to guys in church.So what if he's married? We can't talks as brother and sister in Christ? :lol:
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I think a lot of this crap from the "biddies" is just a manifestation of ignorance and a feeling of a lack of power.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:I think a lot of this crap from the "biddies" is just a manifestation of ignorance and a feeling of a lack of power.
BH is taking the high road. :twisted:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
cotjockey

Post by cotjockey »

The church we go to now has a lady who grew up Mennonite and her husband grew up CofC. SHE can definitely be mean. We have a weekly potluck and fellowship on Thursday evenings and her family is the host of the event...small group, usually less than ten families, very casual. She has a habit of telling people to take their food home if it is similar to what she brought or if she feels like there is too much of something (like if three people bring a pasta dish, no matter how different they are). She makes rude comments about where people live..."I can't believe you are raising a child in an APARTMENT! Are you ever going to buy a real house?" We were playing a game similar to Scattegories last week and one of the categories was "Things that Jump." The letter was 'N' and her word was the 'N' word because "so many play basketball." Other that her, we really like everyone in the group and like to go, but she can really be over the top sometimes!

I think she has a history of a brain tumor, so her lack of filter could certainly be related to a brain injury, but sometimes she really makes me wonder. I try to ignore most of the things she says because I really think she can't help it or doesn't realize how she comes across. Just sort of venting here...I know she was pretty snarky before the tumor too, so I just don't know what to think.