C of C People Can Be Mean

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Ivy

Re: C of C People Can Be Mean

Post by Ivy »

If you mind your own business you won't be minding mine. :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSeuDDzjIB8
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

zeek wrote:
B.H. wrote:
Even farmers don't have to be lonely anymore

Hah! We all know what's going on when that sheep goes "Baaaaaahhhhhh" real load at night!
Is it is fair to assume that B.H. can speak with such certainty and authority on this subject because he is speaking from personal experience???

I do not have sex with farm animals, but a lot of county sheriff deputies have had to deal with people who have. Dogs, horses, sheep, goat, you name it. I guess some some folks in Navarro podunk County really like the animal to come out in a sex partner. :o
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ramblin' Jack

Post by Ramblin' Jack »

Last edited by Ramblin' Jack on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Ramblin' Jack wrote:
Ivy wrote:If you mind your own business you won't be minding mine. :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSeuDDzjIB8
Ha! The other say I was listening to my Hank Williams 40 Greatest Hits CD, and when this song came on I actually thought, you know, they should really make CoC folks listen to this. :lol:

Ol' Hank summed up my own personal attitude about privacy pretty well with this tune.

Also, I love the reference to the "party line." Now that is old school.
:mrgreen:

I am old enough to actually remember "party lines" ...... I remember once as a kid I was talking to one of my little friends and the lady eavesdropping
was laughing softly to herself about what we were saying. :evil: :? :lol:
agricola

Post by agricola »

You just remember party lines? My husband and I HAD one! With real live people at the switching station too, so if you wanted to make a 'long distance' call (all the way to town, about 8 miles away) sometimes you had to wait until the switchboard person got back from lunch or dinner!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
KLP

Post by KLP »

As a young child I was confused by party lines. Seemed like it was always members who lived out in country houses (not the parsonage next to the church bldg.) I could not figure out why the phone would ring and they would say "don't answer that, it's not for us". Or you pick up the phone to make a call and there are strangers on the phone...what is wrong with those folks? LOL...as a child I could not understand. I also recall we used to do things like ask the operator to break in on a line when it was busy for a long time and we need to call that number. Those were the days,
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
zeek

Post by zeek »

Last edited by zeek on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ena

Post by ena »

Struggler wrote:I work with a couple of them who will make derogatory comments about people and then giggle or laugh about it. They'll giggle at the misfortune of others, a habit I've noticed among many C of C'ers. They're like Jr. High Mean Girls. I don't attribute this to nervousness--it's one thing if you're 12, another if you're in your 50s or 60s.
Common lack security. Push others down so you are higher. Some are more worried about social politics. Seen it many times. Been the victim of it even outside the CoC. Caught outright lies about me. It happens folks.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

ena wrote:
Struggler wrote:I work with a couple of them who will make derogatory comments about people and then giggle or laugh about it. They'll giggle at the misfortune of others, a habit I've noticed among many C of C'ers. They're like Jr. High Mean Girls. I don't attribute this to nervousness--it's one thing if you're 12, another if you're in your 50s or 60s.
Common lack security. Push others down so you are higher. Some are more worried about social politics. Seen it many times. Been the victim of it even outside the CoC. Caught outright lies about me. It happens folks.
Have seen it in the workplace in non-cofc people too. Yes, sadly, it does happen.
AtPeace

Post by AtPeace »

KLP said:
As a young child I was confused by party lines. Seemed like it was always members who lived out in country houses (not the parsonage next to the church bldg.) I could not figure out why the phone would ring and they would say "don't answer that, it's not for us". Or you pick up the phone to make a call and there are strangers on the phone...what is wrong with those folks? LOL...as a child I could not understand.
You just described my memories perfectly! We didn't have a party line, but our farm relatives did. And I remember thinking just how you described here. Your post brought back some nice memories for me!
Raised CoC.
Switched to Christian Church/Disciples of Christ.
Love their liberal theology, but not the social liberalism.
Rare-attender, just because life gets in the way.