Targeting church members

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
ena

Re: Targeting church members

Post by ena »

Ivy wrote: What is your evidence that AARP is "just a front for insurance companies"?
Mailings that I get though AARP. I have to trash them regularly. If I could burn the paper I get I could easily heat my house in the winter. There was a member on this board once that had a Dad on their health insurance. He had a hard time getting what he needed. That was about 10 years ago. I have a good part D though Kaiser. It is rated highly buy a medicare association. I am very happy with it. You can get good or bad physicians everywhere. The problem is that they do not know nutritional substances that can often cure a problem. Magnesium is a example. I am magnesium deficient. I found out in 1998 when I talked my doctor at the time into running Exatest on me. He has to scrape a cellular smear from under your tongue. This does not hurt. The smear is spread on a black plastic slide. This slide is hit with xray and electron beam. The minerals fluoresce each one at a specific frequency by evaluating the specific frequency of fluorescence gives you your cellular levels. This is accurate and even been compared to heart biopsies taken during bypass from volunteers. I found this site looking for leg cramp cures. I have had leg cramp problems since I hit puberty. This was around 1960. Physicians are trained to evaluate magnesium levels by using serum levels. This is inaccurate. As a result they are unaware of magnesium deficiencies in the USA at epidemic levels. I have been zapping painful body cramps for 20 years with magnesium supplementation. I am not the only one doing this. Many medications reduce magnesium levels. All supplements are not the same. Magnesium oxide can give you the runs. I use Ultra Mag from Source Naturals. This uses multiple chealates of magnesium. The chelates end in "ate" like gycinate, citrate and malate, These mimic plant sources. You cannot get enough from food because farm land in the USA is depleted. They fertilize with NPK. That is Nitrates, Phosphates and Potassium but not with most minerals. There is much more. My Doctor is nervous that I am overdoing the magnesium. I had a check up this week. It helps cramps. It helps blood pressure. It helps mitochondria function properly. It helps diabetics. It is one one the missing minerals for osteoporosis. I woke up with cramps a 6:00 this morning and zapped then with magnesium. This might help you if you are achy at night.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

How many mg of magnesium do you take, ENA?
ena

Post by ena »

teresa wrote:How many mg of magnesium do you take, ENA?
2000 to 3000 mg depending. I have body cramps everywhere when I am low. When I have enough I Don't have any problem. You can take too much. It cures constipation. The problem is how much do you absorb. I do what my body says is adequate. I am a diabetic. I believe diabetes is caused in part by not enough magnesium. Today the amount of insulin I need is in part determined by how repleat I am. All nutrients are not the same. If the FDA was doing its job we would know how the nutrient is made specifically and whether it worked or not. I do not have 200 years for medicine to wake up and smell the coffee. They will be dragged kicking and screaming to the future. You probably don't need the amount I take. A diabetic looses it in urine. In medical terms; renal function. A normal person will lose about 5%. I have to get up at night to pee. Often twice. I watch TV and rehydrate. On diabetics the liver malfunctions, the kidney and the heart. My kidney's are still functioning but the adrenals make troublesome hormones. The key is how do you feel. Too much and I get the runs. It a balancing act. I do decide what I eat and what medications I take. I have already eliminated a Cholesterol drug. The last bottle cost $385. Never more for a drug that did not work on trials. Oh it reduces Cholesterol but it does not stop artery plaques. The cause? Insulin. That's Big Pharma for you. But then I am a natural skeptic. If you want to know the best test is Exatest. You do have to pay for it. The lab fees last I knew were $275. You need an agreeable physician. The test is accurate. You will have doctors fees on top. Call Exatest and ask who in your area does this. They are helpful. The test is legit. Rely on that. I have done it twice. Once to find the problem and once to prove my body was not lying. It wasn't. My Dr wanted to test my serum magnesium level. I talked her out of it. They probably would be high because of the amount I take. If would be meaningless anyway. I am waiting for 25 hydroxy vitamin D, 25(OH)D3 in Doctor Speak. Every technology has its language. A normal person should not take as much as I do. This I because I fight against constant loss. Many people find it helps them sleep comfortably. I believe the deficiency rate is about 75% among normal people. This is because plants rob magnesium in the soil and it is not replaced in the soil. Organic farming does a better job, but it may be labeled as such and not be such. My wife and daughter fight low potassium as well. Ignorance of nutrients kills many Americans because many diseases are nutritionally based and not diseases at all.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

we get mailings from AARP along with junk mail for burial policies, pre-paid funeral plans. I don't know what their point is. That we're old? We're not that old. It's not like we have one foot in the grave. I actually called one last week and asked them not to send anymore mail. It's depressing.
ena

Post by ena »

faithfyl wrote:we get mailings from AARP along with junk mail for burial policies, pre-paid funeral plans. I don't know what their point is. That we're old? We're not that old. It's not like we have one foot in the grave. I actually called one last week and asked them not to send anymore mail. It's depressing.
The point is making money. Undertaking is a business. Funerals are expensive. There are ways to cut costs. We have used memorial services at church. This generally costs nothing. Grave side services. I have been to open casket type but I would rather not. My sister chose cremation for herself and was. She is now in the ocean at a place she enjoyed in life. You want to live long enough to get even with your children. :lol: A friend of mine likes to write short stories. Some are pretty good. I thought of a door to door casket salesman and suggested it. We are both creatives and I wanted to see what he would do with an idea like that. He came up with different ones. The one I liked best was the Irish casket with a built in wet bar for the wake. :lol: :lol:
agricola

Post by agricola »

I love AARP. I get discounts at restaurants and all sorts of places. And the little magazine/newspaper is amazingly helpful for advice and information about medicare, retirement accounts, avoiding common scams...sure, they advertise, but I don't mind that too much. I get a LOT of junk mail, and that's just part of it.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

agricola wrote:I love AARP. I get discounts at restaurants and all sorts of places. And the little magazine/newspaper is amazingly helpful for advice and information about medicare, retirement accounts, avoiding common scams...sure, they advertise, but I don't mind that too much. I get a LOT of junk mail, and that's just part of it.
Although I'm not a member, I think AARP is fine and has its valid role. Conservative radio pundits use their pulpit to talk against it calling it "lib-rul" and "social-ist", so I imagine its membership has dropped off to an extent. There is a conservative version that one of the pundits pushes. I can't remember what it's called. When I looked into my Medicare options I was advised against the AARP plans that were more expensive, so I went another way.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
tarheel

Post by tarheel »

Ivy wrote:
agricola wrote:I love AARP. I get discounts at restaurants and all sorts of places. And the little magazine/newspaper is amazingly helpful for advice and information about medicare, retirement accounts, avoiding common scams...sure, they advertise, but I don't mind that too much. I get a LOT of junk mail, and that's just part of it.
Although I'm not a member, I think AARP is fine and has its valid role. Conservative radio pundits use their pulpit to talk against it calling it "lib-rul" and "social-ist", so I imagine its membership has dropped off to an extent. There is a conservative version that one of the pundits pushes. I can't remember what it's called. When I looked into my Medicare options I was advised against the AARP plans that were more expensive, so I went another way.
Ivy, I went with one of the AARP plans through United Health and am tickled to death with it. Premiums after my first year actually went down from $35 to $32 a month while Obamacare for my wife skyrocketed. I pay $32 a month plus what is taken out of my SS check. (It fluctuates depending on taxable income the previous year). No co-pays for dr and only 1 co-pay for one of my meds. Much better coverage than when I was working and a hell of a lot cheaper.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

tarheel wrote:
Ivy wrote:
Ivy, I went with one of the AARP plans through United Health and am tickled to death with it. Premiums after my first year actually went down from $35 to $32 a month while Obamacare for my wife skyrocketed. I pay $32 a month plus what is taken out of my SS check. (It fluctuates depending on taxable income the previous year). No co-pays for dr and only 1 co-pay for one of my meds. Much better coverage than when I was working and a hell of a lot cheaper.
That's great, tarheel!! I love hearing of good outcomes. I had some reasons to go with traditional Medicare, with a supplement and Part D -- i.e. living between two states. But we're still tied to our primary state because my hubby is not yet eligible for Medicare and is on a Marketplace plan. He can only get emergency care when out of state. Really glad you love your plan.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~