Youtube Ex COC members posting their experiences

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Rocket_88

Youtube Ex COC members posting their experiences

Post by Rocket_88 »

I spend a fair amount of time on youtube..Yes too much ! :D There are quite a few testimonies of people who have left the Church of Christ and some have had real problems with family members , guilt feelings and some
are strong and spend time helping others through the transition . I still remember the guilt feelings and family shunning that I endured . Twenty years after I left my grandmother (an old time hard nose Campbellite )
begged me with tears on her death bed to repent and come back to the "Church" Don't comeback to Christ ........come back to the church ! Church , Church , Church ........the Lord's Church . I told her on her
deathbed .......I won't comeback ever . That could be considered mean but the hell her and my father put me and my wife through all the years after I left was not forgotten . I told her : I will see you in the resurrection
with the saved ! Implying that I would be there with her . I told my father the same when he had cancer and few years ago . He was dying and was worried about me ! ........I said Dad , I will see you in Yahweh's kindom
soon ! .......He looked puzzled . You may think I was kind of mean to them ,But , They asked me to come with the message to repent and comeback . I told them no , I will not . I and my wife was dis-fellowshiped
and publicly scorned for questioning the elders and preacher about all the many inconsistencies of the Church of Christ doctrines . They didn't like that and so much that some of the members who had been invited to
my home and had many a hamburger cook out suddenly wouldn't even speak to me when they saw me in public (like at WalMart) . What cold blooded people this bunch was and still are . But ! , They are losing members
in this information age , Lots of people research solid factual history and can see that the CoC is just another fanatical narrow minded Christian cult . I have had some really good conversations on youtube with people
who have left and some give their testimonies about leaving .............the cold shoulders , the shunning from your closest family members , the guilt and loss of no place to worship . It takes time and I make it a point
to be patient with their family and not give up and things will get better . And by all means ! .........Do not go back and let them control you again . It is sad with all the good information available and help groups like
this that some people just can't leave . I always try to be my kindest and not talk bad about their moms and pops and other family members and often try to convey that they are blinded and in their dogmatic way SOME
of the CoCer's mean well . ...........But for me ? It would take the Messiah in the flesh commanded me to go back with those wolves who devour the sheep . They have hurt untold numbers of good people . It's
always refreshing for those success stories .......The ones who escaped the Church of Christ !
Cootie Brown

Re: Youtube Ex COC members posting their experiences

Post by Cootie Brown »

The Church of Christ exhibits similarities that are commonly found in a number of other religious fundamental extremists groups. It is probably a good idea to steer clear of all of those groups.
Rocket_88

Post by Rocket_88 »

True that but this forum is about the Church of Christ ................ :) :) I don't want to talk about the other nutbar denominations and cults.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Rocket_88 wrote:True that but this forum is about the Church of Christ ................ :) :) I don't want to talk about the other nutbar denominations and cults.
I think the Church of Christ exhibits enough cult like traits to be classified as a religious cult. Leaving them, for example and as you have noted, will be traumatic. It is common for friends and family to shun the person leaving. That is a common and recognized tactic cults typically employ.

The belief and teaching they are the restored original church and therefore the only true church on earth, is another cult like trait. And, of course, to be a true Christian one must be a member of the one and only New Testament Church identified as the restored Church of Christ.

Their obsession with Sola Scriptura and belief the Bible must be believed and adhered to as literally as humanly possible in order to be saved and remain saved reflects cult like thinking too, IMO.

I found it odd that they believe salvation attaches when the prospect is baptized, and has their sins literally washed away, but they don’t believe the water magically turns into the blood of Christ, but they do believe only the blood of Christ washes sin away. Most denominations believe faith saves and baptism symbolically washes away sin, but not the c of C because Acts 2:38 says baptism saves.

Most Christian groups believe faith saves and baptism is a symbolic washing away of sin. And everyone seems to claim it’s all in how scripture is interpreted. I suppose that is why there is an estimated 42,000+ active versions of Christianity in the world today.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Rocket_88 wrote:True that but this forum is about the Church of Christ ................ :) :) I don't want to talk about the other nutbar denominations and cults.

Good for you, Rocket!! Besides...they most likely have their own support boards.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Double post
Last edited by B.H. on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Don't forget jesus sais unless you drink his blood and eat his flesh you have no life in you. Does that mean if you get dunked but die before sunday communion you are lost
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:Don't forget jesus sais unless you drink his blood and eat his flesh you have no life in you. Does that mean if you get dunked but die before sunday communion you are lost
BH, that's probably your worst post ever. :shock: :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
zeek

Post by zeek »

B.H. wrote:Don't forget jesus sais unless you drink his blood and eat his flesh you have no life in you. Does that mean if you get dunked but die before sunday communion you are lost
I asked this once in a Bible class. The teacher elder explained it away like this. "No, in that circumstance one would be ok because after becoming a scriptural candidate to participate in communion through becoming a baptized believer he or she never had an opportunity to participate in a scriptural observance of communion on the Lord's day." It boggles my mind sometimes to think of all the things Jesus got wrong about Christianity.
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Jesus said unless you eat his flesh and drink his blood you have no life in you

Elder in coc says you have life without drinking hid blood and eating his flesh

Who is the liar and false teacher? Is it Jesus or it it the Coc elder? Who has authority to cast into hell. Is it the cox elder or jesus. I think my ass would communion as fast as it could.