Anyone familiar with these lunatics?

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Walkingfreely

Anyone familiar with these lunatics?

Post by Walkingfreely »

Hey there -
Anyone see these crazy people before?
https://www.youtube.com/user/BibleSaysTV

Johnny Robertson - the "church of Christ guy" and his two sons doing COC theology.
They stalk and feed off of baptists.

Their "bible facts" are very humorous if not for the fact they are so sad.
Johnny personally owns one of the buildings they worship in....you know...like Paul owned synagogues.
Last edited by Walkingfreely on Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shane R

Re: Anyone familiar with these lunatics?

Post by Shane R »

I don't know those blokes, but they're really not far from the Edwards' of Indiana.
Opie

Post by Opie »

I tried to watch it, but that guy is just too annoying to view for very long. My time is better spent on other things.
"If I had to define my own theme, it would be that of a person who absorbed some of the worst the church has to offer, yet still landed in the loving arms of God." (From the book 'Soul Survivor' by Philip Yancy)
Walkingfreely

Post by Walkingfreely »

Opie wrote:I tried to watch it, but that guy is just too annoying to view for very long. My time is better spent on other things.
Yes, They are over the top. Sneak into denominations recording them, etc. Crazy
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Never heard of them, but sounds like that's a good thing!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
bnot

Post by bnot »

I have watched some of his videos in the past and they are all hard for me to watch because of his pharisee attitude, which is the main reason the coc is in decline. In typical coc fashion, numerous videos are talking about baptists :roll:. His videos are a textbook case of coc Bible bullying, arrogance, and it doesn't take long to figure out he thinks he is correct on his interpretation of the bible, without question! His channel title is "What does the Bible say", when in reality it is "What does Johnny Robertson say about the Bible". It is more important for him to be right, than anything else.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

Never heard of him but I watched a few minutes. He's trying to explain why faith healing doesn't work in the modern era? That's what it sounds like. Well he's right about that it least. It doesn't work.
Walkingfreely

Post by Walkingfreely »

bnot wrote:I have watched some of his videos in the past and they are all hard for me to watch because of his pharisee attitude, which is the main reason the coc is in decline. In typical coc fashion, numerous videos are talking about baptists :roll:. His videos are a textbook case of coc Bible bullying, arrogance, and it doesn't take long to figure out he thinks he is correct on his interpretation of the bible, without question! His channel title is "What does the Bible say", when in reality it is "What does Johnny Robertson say about the Bible". It is more important for him to be right, than anything else.

Yes on all accounts - textbook coc
Struggler

Post by Struggler »

I have seen some of his videos. His obsession with Baptists is over the top, and in general, he is a loon. In my opinion, he is not of God.
OneStrike_ur_out

Post by OneStrike_ur_out »

Johnny Robertson is a lighter version of Fred Phelps. His show has even been described as "Westboro-like". His sermons bring about a message of hate and he thinks that he and his boys are some sort of prophets. Total nut job. Oh and an ex-convict too. He has done two different stints in prison. One for possession of narcotics with intent to sell
"HE HAS GOTTEN PULLED AWAY!!"-The cOC's go-to answer whenever someone leaves.