Heaven and Hell

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Cootie Brown

Re: Heaven and Hell

Post by Cootie Brown »

flawed wrote:Muslim Heaven has sex,...lots of sex with hot babes. Maybe that's why B.H. made the switch.
Flawed said, "But there won't be any bacon!"

I'm beginning to think Heaven ain't what it's been cracked up to be.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

I have heard that "all dogs go to heaven." If so, I want to go there! :lol:
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
HighLiter871

Post by HighLiter871 »

The way it was explained to me, being in Heaven in the presence of God will be ultra-cool, because God is the very definition of "Good" and therefore only good can exist "up there." As in, your top 10 most pleasant and pleasurable experiences ever, rolled into one -- and raised to the Nth power! Just sheer radiating Goodness. Not easy to envision.

One problem we all have in the tendency to anthropomorphize God, thinking of Him more-or-less as a glorified human being, even while correctly referring to him as a deity. Hard not to do it, because being human earthlings is our only real-life frame of reference. But if He's God, He can't be limited like that, and must be on a whole 'nother plane, one that we can know only through the proverbial glass darkly. (1 Cor. 13:12).

It's tough to imagine what we will be like, too. But my brain hurts right now.

One thing I'm firmly convinced of though, is that all dogs go to Heaven. It's a happy place, right?
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

I often wondered how God could be a spirit, but look like an old man, & apparently have male genitals. And one would presume that Jesus had normal bodily functions & that creates some disturbing images. If Jesus was purely human one would also assume he had normal sexual urges too. Even more disturbing images come to mind.

This whole earth, heaven, & hell theology thing creates a lot of troubling questions.