coc re-branding?

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Ivy

Re: coc re-branding?

Post by Ivy »

OK, I have to chastise y'all.....please retire the "r" word. It is offensive to people with developmental / intellectual disabilities and is no longer in use.

Having clarified that....Cootie, by now you know that Sister Ivy really dislikes any form of "mansplaining". I thought that Cootie was mansplaining to me about cofc culture, but apparently that was not his intent. :lol: S. Ivy has a good 40 years on Cootie immersed in c/c culture.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

I’m heading to time out now to think about what I did wrong. I admit I have a problem with mansplaining. My wife brings that to my attention on a pretty regular basis, but for some unknown reason that continues to be a problem. :cry: :roll:
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Cootie Brown wrote:I’m heading to time out now to think about what I did wrong. I admit I have a problem with mansplaining. My wife brings that to my attention on a pretty regular basis, but for some unknown reason that continues to be a problem. :cry: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

BH makes note not to use retarded in reference to people anymore. Its a good thing sister ivy is here to correctabate and rebukify.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:BH makes note not to use retarded in reference to people anymore. Its a good thing sister ivy is here to correctabate and rebukify.
Thank you BH. :D
Lerk

Post by Lerk »

Ivy wrote:Yes, NICOC uses the term "evangelist" instead of pastor. Never use the word "pastor" with them!! :lol:

As far as the term "undenominational", have never heard them use that; sounds suspicious. They could be going lib'rul. :lol:
I think this may be because there are so many churches now that refer to themselves as "nondenominational", and they don't want to be confused with those.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Lerk wrote:
Ivy wrote:Yes, NICOC uses the term "evangelist" instead of pastor. Never use the word "pastor" with them!! :lol:

As far as the term "undenominational", have never heard them use that; sounds suspicious. They could be going lib'rul. :lol:
I think this may be because there are so many churches now that refer to themselves as "nondenominational", and they don't want to be confused with those.
I bet that's it. Because they don't want to sound like "the others".
trabucco

Post by trabucco »

Ivy wrote:
Lerk wrote:

I bet that's it. Because they don't want to sound like "the others".
Undenominational and predenominational are really popular in the ultra conservative COCs right now. Non-denominational has taken on an appearance of a community church, which doesn't match the opinion that anyone not COC must be part of some denomination. Same with the term "evangelist", preacher is still accepted too.

It is something of a rebranding. The big "problems" are still feminism, liberalism, and a desire for rock and roll in the church.
Some COCers go so far as calling liberal ideas (anything they don't like) a mental disorder. So yeah, it's a push to return to the perfect order and harmony of the 1950s.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

trabucco wrote:predenominational
"predenominational".....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Lerk

Post by Lerk »

Ivy wrote:
trabucco wrote:predenominational
"predenominational".....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I haven't heard that one, but I bet I will soon! A couple of years ago sitting in a Wednesday night Bible class a guy (who I'm sure annoyed his coworkers to no end) said something about telling a guy the CoC was established in AD 33 and how surprised the guy was to learn this. I'm thinking he mistook incredulity for being impressed.