Spies?

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Cootie Brown

Re: Spies?

Post by Cootie Brown »

Those familiar with Christian history are aware this sort of thing has long roots, except in ancient times those outed were often tortured to death in gruesome ways. The Inquisition & the Salem Witch Hunts are just two examples of such extreme lunacy being done in the name of God.

Those that do this sort of thing are convinced it’s their Christian duty to out sinners because this pleases God. And, of course, if the sinner repents their souls will be saved. A win win for God. And the one outing the sinner gets some brownie points stored up for the day of final judgement.

Deeply religious people can justify just about anything they do to other people, as long as they are sincere and believe they are doing the right thing. It’s all about fighting sin and pleasing God, at least in their minds they are doing the right thing for the right reason. And no one will ever convince them that they’re wrong because Gods ways are not the ways of men.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Good points, Cootie.

In my current state of cynicism, I tend to believe the reason for this behavior today is for self-promotion amongst the religious social group, rather than for the ostensible soul saving / brownie points in the sky. It's also, IMHO, a self esteem boost for those who tend to struggle with that issue, akin to the tattling little kid on the playground.

The little old lady who reported me to my mother for wearing short shorts downtown....well, she was just jealous of my sixteen year old hotness. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Good points Ivy, and I’m think’n you’re still smoking hot. ;) :mrgreen:
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Cootie Brown wrote:Good points Ivy, and I’m think’n you’re still smoking hot. ;) :mrgreen:
Well thank you Cootie. At least my DH thinks so. :D
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:
Cootie Brown wrote:Good points Ivy, and I’m think’n you’re still smoking hot. ;) :mrgreen:
Well thank you Cootie. At least my DH thinks so. :D
I think ivy is hot too, especially when she comes in after doing yardwork.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx