a coc theological question

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Cootie Brown

Re: a coc theological question

Post by Cootie Brown »

Ivy wrote:We can agree to disagree.
I keep searching for someone that will agree with me, but so far no luck. :roll: I know I’m right, so I’m mystified why I haven’t found lots of people that agree with me. 8-) Of all the possibilities I can’t imagine me actually being wrong as being one of those possibilities. :lol:
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

My mother always throws in the fact that Jesus said to the thief on the cross, “TODAY you will be with me in Paradise.”
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Cootie Brown wrote:
Ivy wrote:We can agree to disagree.
I keep searching for someone that will agree with me, but so far no luck. :roll: I know I’m right, so I’m mystified why I haven’t found lots of people that agree with me. 8-) Of all the possibilities I can’t imagine me actually being wrong as being one of those possibilities. :lol:
LOL!! Good luck with that, Cootie.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

FinallyFree wrote:My mother always throws in the fact that Jesus said to the thief on the cross, “TODAY you will be with me in Paradise.”
Edited for agreement only.

I’m sure many Christians would agree with your mother.
Last edited by Cootie Brown on Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

There are a handful of dissenting voices in science about the etiology of climate change, Cootie, but we don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Edited for agreement only.

I agree, we would not want to throw the baby out with the bath water.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Cootie Brown wrote:Edited for agreement only.

I agree, we would not want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Why would you do that? It seems passive aggressive; there is no guideline for “agreement only” in this
area.
Opie

Post by Opie »

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but Paul seemed to understand that to be absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord. You can read Paul's theology on this subject in 2 Cor. 5:6-9 and Phil. 1:21-24.
"If I had to define my own theme, it would be that of a person who absorbed some of the worst the church has to offer, yet still landed in the loving arms of God." (From the book 'Soul Survivor' by Philip Yancy)
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Ivy

The subtitle of this forum says: A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

teresa wrote:Ivy

The subtitle of this forum says: A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Oh, ok. My misunderstanding of the situation. Apologies to Cootie.