a coc theological question

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
ena

Re: a coc theological question

Post by ena »

agricola wrote:That notion that Jesus will rule a thousand years and THEN Judgement is 'pre-millenialism' and the coc is dead set against that idea, in my experience. It is not a universal Christian idea.
It is found in Revelation 20

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

There are two resurrection categories. The first and the second. The first reigns with Jesus for one thousand years. I am not premillennealist. The Bible does not speak of a rapture. You do not suddenly go to heaven. The CoC does not explain things correctly. In fact I consider them liars first. It is far easier that way. Satan is loosed. There is a final battle. Then Judgement. All in the rest of chapter 20.