The cOC loathed "attend the church of your choice"

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
B.H.

Re: The cOC loathed "attend the church of your choice"

Post by B.H. »

Well, the Quran teaches Islam is the true religion, though it does seem to give grace to Jews, Christian's, and the Sabeans who are in their religions out of ignorance until they learn of Islam. I guess the devil wants Cocers to go to the CoC and be CoC.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
ena

Post by ena »

Ivy wrote:
B.H. wrote: umbilical
Hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess spellcheck never heard some of the cofc - created terms.

But yeah, now that you mention it, there are things about the cofc that are kind of umbilical. You have to cut the "umbilical cord" with your cofc mama if you are ever going to be able to attend the "church of your choice". :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Catholic church operates that way. I know former Catholics turned Christian. By shear numbers this is very common. The priest prays for you as if you cannot appiach God through Jesus. They pray to Mary insulting Jesus and God. Mary was the vessel who bore Jesus. For that I am grateful. She could have been stoned for adultry but was protected by Joseph. Her act required bravery.
I am greatful to God who allowed that to happen. I am greatful to Jesus for a salvation that I in no way deserve. Paul went to his grave aware that he had once aided in killing Christians. Peter was crucified upside down because he did not feel that he deserved to die like the Lord. You won't find this in the Bible. Paul did express his guilt.

1 Cor 15 kjv
9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »

faithandmore wrote:They must hate living in America then, since we have freedom of religion.
For now, anyway.....
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »

B.H. wrote:I had a church of christ preacher and another nod in agreement that freedom of religion was umbiblical If a coc person ever came to power and could do so he should shut down other denominations and punish those not coc.
Typical. That's both scary and hilarious!

I think sometimes COC'ers forget how tiny their numbers are, compared with, say, the Baptists and / or the Catholics,
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Tsathoggua wrote:
B.H. wrote:I had a church of christ preacher and another nod in agreement that freedom of religion was umbiblical If a coc person ever came to power and could do so he should shut down other denominations and punish those not coc.
Typical. That's both scary and hilarious!

I think sometimes COC'ers forget how tiny their numbers are, compared with, say, the Baptists and / or the Catholics,
I think I mentioned here I was going to write a small book about what the country would be like if ruled by the Church of Christ. It was after those two idiots told me their view of freedom of religion that the idea sprang to mind. I remember that I was going to have the government set up kinda like Iran, where the house of representatives added a qualification you had to be a faith full Coc preacher or deacon for so many years and you. Had to be an elder for so many years to run for senate. All citizens of the us had the right to vote but only coc people could hold office or be judges. The supreme court requirement was that preacher could recite at least the new testament from memory. I had some shorts about how the professors at the universities played games and pulled strings to keep education good quality since by law only 6 day creation could be taught. I had a story how a counseling firm had to struggle to help an abused child get the treatment it needed because frankly the bible says very little about child rights but a lot on parental rights and discipline.

Eventually the coc, being the coc, had a big fight and it turned into a civil war among them. The mainliners started shooting the noninstitutionals and the one cuppers started killing many cuppers. In the end the pope out of mercy declares a crusade of liberation against the us,the e head imams in saudia Arabia declare a jihad for the same reason, and a now again communist Russia join up with them and invade. Of course the story is a joke. The military comes out to meet the Russians, the Catholic Crusaders, and the Muslims and simply surrender. The invading armies have this happen ad their invasion progresses. The common citizen views them as liberators and the army, composed mostly of non coc people second class citizens resent fighting for regime that not only will result in death but also hell fire not being coc. In the end the Elder President is captured and shot and the Coc so shamed it ceases to exist within twenty years. The problem is I never could come up with a realistic idea how the coc could take over being so small in number.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
ena

Post by ena »

B.H. wrote: The problem is I never could come up with a realistic idea how the coc could take over being so small in number.
We are ruled by the 1 percent already.
ena

Post by ena »

B.H. wrote: The problem is I never could come up with a realistic idea how the coc could take over being so small in number.
We are ruled by the 1 percent already.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

True. But that one percent is evil and at least smart. The church of christ is composed of idiots that at least for the most part mean well. In fact I have it on good authority that the average IQ for the church of christ drops 20 percent every time someone comes over here. We are all geniuses, geniuses I tell you :lol: !
ena

Post by ena »

B.H. wrote:True. But that one percent is evil and at least smart. The church of christ is composed of idiots that at least for the most part mean well. In fact I have it on good authority that the average IQ for the church of christ drops 20 percent every time someone comes over here. We are all geniuses, geniuses I tell you :lol: !
It is not about intelligence but trust. God delights in showing people how foolish they are being. He does it all the time. He has a sense of humor. The CoC is not aware of God or Jesus. It is very deficient and very proud of nothing. You can be the most religious person in the world and God will view you as a sinner. It buys you nothing. Jesus and God are of one mind and spirit. Jesus said, "No one comes to the father except by me." He is your advocate with God. Just as Moses was the advocate with God for the Children of Israel. You don't need a priest of any type. This was settled by Jesus at his sacrifice. You won't get this from the CoC. It is about ignorance not intelligence.
ena

Post by ena »

Most of the New Testament does not talk about alternative views. Paul did lash out at times about obstinate people. Jesus in his letters to 7 churches did cover several types of churches. You can probably find yours. It is interesting.