The cOC loathed "attend the church of your choice"

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
ena

Re: The cOC loathed "attend the church of your choice"

Post by ena »

B.H. wrote:I had a church of christ preacher and another nod in agreement that freedom of religion was umbiblical If a coc person ever came to power and could do so he should shut down other denominations and punish those not coc.
The Bible does not discuss freedom of religion. You either worship God or face the consequences. Freedom of religion refers to rights of the individual as performed by government. I agree with the concept. At one time time the Catholic Church controlled governments and even taxed. This did not work out well. The Jews were tossed out of Israel for worshiping idols. They were brought back in 1948. There are many types of Idols. Trump worships money. Several TV preachers do. Do they live in a multi-million dollar mansion. Do they fly around in a 30 to 60 million dollar jet like a Gulf stream. If they are using donation money to enrich themselves run somewhere else. There will be sneaky lies. God may chose to keep you alive for his purposes or not. That is his choice. His choice may not be yours. Jonah is a good example of what it is like. Paul received a correction. They are not necessarily gentle. If you survive you will be given a 2nd chance. He does get your complete attention. I am aware of two cases like that currently. I do not know why.