Female COC preacher

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
B.H.

Re: Female COC preacher

Post by B.H. »

SolaDude wrote:
B.H. wrote:It's a good thing ivy is one of the wimmin cause if she preached a sermon she would have preached me into hell.
Ivy's "preach it, Sister" preaching of kindness, consideration, justice, and sympathy could never send anyone to hell, B.H.!!
You havent seen her mad yet ;)
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

B.H. wrote:
SolaDude wrote:
B.H. wrote:It's a good thing ivy is one of the wimmin cause if she preached a sermon she would have preached me into hell.
Ivy's "preach it, Sister" preaching of kindness, consideration, justice, and sympathy could never send anyone to hell, B.H.!!
You havent seen her mad yet ;)
God had to make wimmin get mad, otherwise, Moses, Abraham, and any other men who have achieved greatness would forever be sitting on their derriers.
ena

Post by ena »

And God put Adam to sleep took a rib and made Eve. When Adam got mad at Eve he would say, "I want my rib back."
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I turn my back for one minute and come back to this!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

ena wrote:And God put Adam to sleep took a rib and made Eve. When Adam got mad at Eve he would say, "I want my rib back."
Eve's response: "Oh, yeah...you told me to go pick apples and look where it got us"
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Well, I tell ya. One thing I have never aspired to be is a female cofc preacher. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did y'all know that in churches where there are woman preachers, it may be stated that church male leaders and / or their husbands are "covering" them and that they are "in subjection" to the males in charge when they are preaching, praying, etc. So they found a loophole permitting them to speak at a public assembly.

"Don't pray without a head covering"......"head covering" = "male supervision". :lol:

I doubt the protestant denominations would think that male coverage is necessary...especially the more "woke" ones, like the Methodists, Presbyterians, and Episcopalians. But some here can tell you that the Methodists really aren't all that "woke".

Reminds me of an anecdote from Moogy's and my history, decades ago. Someone tried to do a women's bible study in someone's home, and the preacher and elders shut it down. :lol: :lol: :lol: No male "member" there to supervise and control....no can do!!

Yes, that "member", BH. :P :lol: :P :lol:
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

You better respect male auThoriTIE!
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

You can make Paul out to be an egalitarian or a chauvanist. "There is no longer Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female". Would the real Paul please stand up? The CofC made their choice. Many women mentioned by name by Paul led house churches.

Quite frankly, you can make out scripture to say anything you want it to say, to include weaponizing it

h**ps://www.americamagazine.org/issue/675/artic ... n-and-paul
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I never was a big Paul fan myself...especially after I began to think for myself instead of internalizing everything the cofc taught me.
ena

Post by ena »

Ivy wrote:I never was a big Paul fan myself...especially after I began to think for myself instead of internalizing everything the cofc taught me.
I write them off. They know too little. They also create more sin where there is none and sin where they contradict and add to the Bible. Instrumental music is a sin. Missing the Lord's supper is a sin. Missing a Sunday service is forsaking. They refuse to worry about important things. I don't have time for noise generation.
Note Priscilla had an active part teaching Apollos. I could have endless fun asking questions they could not answer. Was the tomb of Jesus open or closed when Mary Magdalene arrived? Who arrived with her. Did Peter run to the tomb. The answers vary by the gospel you read. Does Mark 16 end at verse 8 or 20. Should the Freer Logion be added. It occurs in one manuscript.

Acts 18
25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.