C of C, Wuhan Coronavirus & Germs

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Cootie Brown

Re: C of C, Wuhan Coronavirus & Germs

Post by Cootie Brown »

A good example for why herd mentality is dangerous.
Lerk

Post by Lerk »

Surprisingly, all of the NI-CoCs in Southeast Texas that I'm aware of have cancelled all services. My mother's church has a very few people go to the building and the preacher preaches, they have communion, they have prayers, and it's all streamed on Vimeo and Facebook Live. They distributed Matzo bread so people could do their own communion at home. They can send their checks in or contribute via PayPal.

Even before it was mandatory, the ones I'm aware of had started this because of the Federal guidelines recommending gatherings of no more than 10 people. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising, because CoC people are rule followers above all.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

My mother's church is doing the same thing g but over youtube.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Melanie

Post by Melanie »

I checked with my friend to see if his cofC in Arkansas had cancelled future services yet. Nope. Still on. He's not going and doesn't know how many are actually attending. The pastor of a church in Alabama (I forget what denomination) has been arrested for holding church. The charges are unlawful assembly in defiance of a health order, or something like that.

Meanwhile, here in Texas, the Governor has overridden local ordinances that told churches to shut down. He says they can still have church but should be careful. I just don't get it.
ena

Post by ena »

Ivy wrote:Not about cofc, but supposedly the Wuhan COVID 19 was found in area bats. Does anyone know how a bat would come to be infected with such a virus?
Bats are known to have corona viruses. Corona is a general category of the virus type. It includes Sars-Cov1 and Mers. Covivid 19 is Sars-Cov2. Nearly everything in medicine is an abbreviation. Mers means Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome. I listen to doctors all the time. The parts of the body are in Latin or use Latin roots. Some I turn off quickly because they often know nothing about nutrition. Not their fault because they spend many years dealing with big Pharma's poisons. Getting the wrong doctor can kill you. Johns Hopkins University in 2016 published a meta study that listed medicine as the third leading cause of death. They did not say how many were killed per year but pulmonary was 146,000 deaths was moved to fourth place. Double check the side effects of your meds. They often interact with each other. Elvis died of poly pharmacy which means to many drugs. He had an array of downers for sleep and uppers for morning. If I remember correctly he had three different barbiturates. Michael Jackson did something similar. His doctor gave him stuff that required monitoring the patient. Not that I hate doctors just take care. Sometimes nutrition has answers that medicine doesn't. Vitamin D levels over 30 ng/ml have a better survival rate from Covid 19.
Also zinc helps as it slows viral reproduction according some. I take vitamin C. It was used in Wuhan to protect children and grand children when they took care of grand ma with Covid 19. No guarantees just stuff I came across. There is much more. Vaccines take time to develop. I'll won't be the first in line There have been mistakes before. With the Salk Polio vaccine a live virus got out. Cutter Labs made that mistake. I got a safe vaccine when I was five or six. I remember my arm hurt.
ena

Post by ena »

Ivy wrote:Not about cofc, but supposedly the Wuhan COVID 19 was found in area bats. Does anyone know how a bat would come to be infected with such a virus?
Bats are mammals. They have many coronaviruses. Most do not transfer Humans. Most viruses go to other species and may mutate then infect humans. I personally believe that wet markets in China has been a flu generating engine for years. The Chinese often keep animals alive for storage. In wet markets they kill right there and give to meat to the customer. It would give the health department fits in the USA. Chinese markets in the USA often sell living fish. But it is clean and safe.
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

Struggler wrote:Church of other denominations are cancelling or postponing events, services, etc. due to this virus. Even some C of C's I know are doing that, too. That's refreshing.

I remember for years being around C of C folks who had cold or flu symptoms, yet came to church every time the door was open, even shaking hands, coughing or sneezing without covering their mouths, etc. We weren't supposed to act any differently around them, either. And God only knows how many germs were transmitted by passing the communion or touching the matzo, etc. I also observed that the servers didn't wash or sanitize their hands before serving. But, to some, attendance is more important than anything else, including being responsible and considerate of others.
I still meet so many Christians who believe you can't be a Christian unless you are a member of a church somewhere.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

faithandmore wrote:
Struggler wrote:Church of other denominations are cancelling or postponing events, services, etc. due to this virus. Even some C of C's I know are doing that, too. That's refreshing.

I remember for years being around C of C folks who had cold or flu symptoms, yet came to church every time the door was open, even shaking hands, coughing or sneezing without covering their mouths, etc. We weren't supposed to act any differently around them, either. And God only knows how many germs were transmitted by passing the communion or touching the matzo, etc. I also observed that the servers didn't wash or sanitize their hands before serving. But, to some, attendance is more important than anything else, including being responsible and considerate of others.
I still meet so many Christians who believe you can't be a Christian unless you are a member of a church somewhere.
Probably the same bunch who refuse to wear masks or social distance. :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
ena

Post by ena »

faithandmore wrote:
I avoid most churches. Why? God does not live in a box. The worst place to go was the CoC. Christ is Greek for messiah. Jesus was his first name. People did not have last names. Mary Magdalene was Mary from Magdala. It has been found south of lake Galilee. The word means tower. Jesus's name sounds Yes-shoe-ah in Hebrew. I hope you hear it in the future. The name of God is not known to most Jews today. They have an outdated rule not to speak it. Most Torahs have the Hebrew vowel points scratched off. A few do still have them. In the future God's name will be shouted with praises. Normally it is represented in English as YHWH. This is called the tetragrammaton. In reading the Torah a alternate name is used like Adonai. Here are a few things no preacher in the CoC would know. I go where I am fed otherwise do not waste time.
OneStrike_ur_out

Post by OneStrike_ur_out »

Services appear to be back in full swing, across the board now at all churches. Now that there is talk of another nationwide shutdown akin to that in March 2020, things could get interesting, if they were to actually attempt such a thing again. The public on the whole won't just shut down and give up freedoms as easily as before. And now that the cOC has their services back,they sure as shit won't give that up so easy again. Of course, that's not singular to the cOC. The denominational folks were just as rebellious about those health orders last year.
"HE HAS GOTTEN PULLED AWAY!!"-The cOC's go-to answer whenever someone leaves.