C of C, Wuhan Coronavirus & Germs

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
agricola

Re: C of C, Wuhan Coronavirus & Germs

Post by agricola »

Somebody hold my hand. I made a courtesy visit to my coc sister over the weekend, since we were in the area - she gave us lunch.
She's a schoolteacher - they live in one of the small and very poor counties in middle Tennessee. Solid red politically.

We stayed off politics and religion almost - ALMOST.

So - she never wore a mask at school ALL THIS PAST YEAR even though EVERYBODY else did and SHE 'never got sick' (she also never got TESTED) and (therefore) masks don't help.

However, also, 'have you ever heard' of how much 'stuff masks catch? Children are filthy'.

Ok I forced myself to remain silent but FOR PETES SAKE.

a) masks don't help but
b) masks catch everything.

I can't even.

Also my brother in law has bought himself a CANNON. An actual real working CANNON, and he shoots it off occasionally for holidays, special events, and to entertain visitors including people from foreign countries, and OMG I can't imagine (no, I CAN imagine!) what they must think. (At least they live way out in the actual country on fifty barren hilly acres).

Lord in Heaven, save me from these people.

He's an Elder at a CoC in (I think) Lebanon. And my sister is that prized creature, the Elder's Wife.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
agricola

Post by agricola »

Did I mention - there is a cute little rural/small town coc less than five miles from their house, but do they go there? NOOOOO of course not! It isn't SOUND. They have to drive miles and miles to reach a SOUND congregation, three times a week.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

agricola

Oh my goodness. That is so off the wall.
OneStrike_ur_out

Post by OneStrike_ur_out »

What the heck is Covid 19 anyway? I've heard a little about it, but not much.
"HE HAS GOTTEN PULLED AWAY!!"-The cOC's go-to answer whenever someone leaves.
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

OneStrike_ur_out wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:05 am What the heck is Covid 19 anyway? I've heard a little about it, but not much.
Interesting question. Have you thought about Googling it?
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

agricola wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:16 pm It isn't SOUND. They have to drive miles and miles to reach a SOUND congregation, three times a week.
That idea that their church is "sound" and all the others are therefore "unsound". So arrogant and self satisfied. "We have arrived". :roll: :roll: :roll:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
OneStrike_ur_out

SolaDude wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:45 am
OneStrike_ur_out wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:05 am What the heck is Covid 19 anyway? I've heard a little about it, but not much.
I saw some people in a surgical looking mask and asked and someone said that it was probably because of this virus and I was just baffled. All because of some corona thing that came out of China a few weeks back. Interesting. And then some people went really crazy and bought up the toilet paper? I was like "when did that happen??" And who is this Anthony Fauci?
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

OneStrike_ur_out wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:38 pm
I saw some people in a surgical looking mask and asked and someone said that it was probably because of this virus and I was just baffled. All because of some corona thing that came out of China a few weeks back. Interesting. And then some people went really crazy and bought up the toilet paper? I was like "when did that happen??" And who is this Anthony Fauci?
Yeah, you know, I heard about people suffocating to death over something, you know, a bunch of people being intubated in hosptals, some being permanently disabled if they survived, kids dying, too. I saw people sticking needles in the arms of other people, something about a "vaccination". Do you know anything about any of this? Completely baffled.
OneStrike_ur_out

SolaDude wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:44 pm
Yeah, you know, I heard about people suffocating to death over something, you know, a bunch of people being intubated in hosptals, some being permanently disabled if they survived, kids dying, too. I saw people sticking needles in the arms of other people, something about a "vaccination". Do you know anything about any of this? Completely baffled.
I haven't been watching the news or anything. Kind of playing catch up
OneStrike_ur_out

SolaDude wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:44 pm
https://adaa.org/learn-from-us/from-the-experts/blog-posts/consumer/flatten-fear-facts-what-appropriate-level-covid#:~:text=Even%20if%20you%20do%20not,the%20more%20anxious%20they%20become.