C of C, Wuhan Coronavirus & Germs

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
OneStrike_ur_out

Re: C of C, Wuhan Coronavirus & Germs

Post by OneStrike_ur_out »

OneStrike_ur_out wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:10 pm
SolaDude wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:44 pm
OneStrike_ur_out wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:38 pm
I saw some people in a surgical looking mask and asked and someone said that it was probably because of this virus and I was just baffled. All because of some corona thing that came out of China a few weeks back. Interesting. And then some people went really crazy and bought up the toilet paper? I was like "when did that happen??" And who is this Anthony Fauci?
Yeah, you know, I heard about people suffocating to death over something, you know, a bunch of people being intubated in hosptals, some being permanently disabled if they survived, kids dying, too. I saw people sticking needles in the arms of other people, something about a "vaccination". Do you know anything about any of this? Completely baffled.

https://adaa.org/learn-from-us/from-the-experts/blog-posts/consumer/flatten-fear-facts-what-appropriate-level-covid#:~:text=Even%20if%20you%20do%20not,the%20more%20anxious%20they%20become.
"HE HAS GOTTEN PULLED AWAY!!"-The cOC's go-to answer whenever someone leaves.
OneStrike_ur_out

Beware o the coveeeed!
OneStrike_ur_out

SolaDude wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:44 pm
OneStrike_ur_out wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:38 pm
SolaDude wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:45 am
Interesting question. Have you thought about Googling it?
I saw some people in a surgical looking mask and asked and someone said that it was probably because of this virus and I was just baffled. All because of some corona thing that came out of China a few weeks back. Interesting. And then some people went really crazy and bought up the toilet paper? I was like "when did that happen??" And who is this Anthony Fauci?
Yeah, you know, I heard about people suffocating to death over something, you know, a bunch of people being intubated in hosptals, some being permanently disabled if they survived, kids dying, too. I saw people sticking needles in the arms of other people, something about a "vaccination". Do you know anything about any of this? Completely baffled.
By the way, I’ve had the boogeyman virus. It was akin to a bad cold
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

One Strike

For a lot of people Covid is mild. But both those with compromised immune systems and (ironically) those with over-reactive immune systems are in danger of getting very sick or dying.

I have a number of health conditions that when added together make it likely I would die. So I really appreciate it when people follow the guidelines of the CDC regarding wearing masks, social distancing, and getting vaccinated. Maybe these safety measures are useless and everyone will eventually get sick and either recover or die. But right now the states with the highest vaccine rates are reporting better outcomes overall, so from a scientific perspective vaccination is helping -- at least for now.

I think it doesn't really hit home unless we know people personally who have got very sick or died. Your "Beware o' the coveeeed!" is painful for me to read, when I think of those who have not been as fortunate as you.
OneStrike_ur_out

teresa wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:41 am One Strike

For a lot of people Covid is mild. But both those with compromised immune systems and (ironically) those with over-reactive immune systems are in danger of getting very sick or dying.

I have a number of health conditions that when added together make it likely I would die. So I really appreciate it when people follow the guidelines of the CDC regarding wearing masks, social distancing, and getting vaccinated. Maybe these safety measures are useless and everyone will eventually get sick and either recover or die. But right now the states with the highest vaccine rates are reporting better outcomes overall, so from a scientific perspective vaccination is helping -- at least for now.

I think it doesn't really hit home unless we know people personally who have got very sick or died. Your "Beware o' the coveeeed!" is painful for me to read, when I think of those who have not been as fortunate as you.
I get it. I really do. I am just tired of the whole thing. We can’t live in March 2020 forever. I’ve had Covid. I’ve been vaccinated. And yet I am STILL expected to stay home ALL the time. Well, the stay home option for me hasn’t been an option for a long time now. My employer allowed that way back in the early days of this pandemic, but trust me, it came to a screeching halt. Don’t get me wrong. I am sorry for those who have lost loved ones or been adversely affected by Covid. Not to sound callous, but, life is a risk. We take a risk every day that we wake up. I could die of a heart attack before I finish typing this. And I understand that Covid presents a higher risk than what we faced every day in pre pandemic times. But...it’s an added risk nonetheless. It is what it is. If I died of Covid, I would NOT want other’s lives to stop. That’s robbing them. Again, I say take precautions, (within reason. Gloves and goggles aren’t going to do a thing. Neither is wearing a mask in the bathtub) but, seriously, we have to manage as best we can. Staying home like it’s the 600th day of March 2020 isn’t cutting it. And yes, the risk of Covid is still out there. I could get it again even with already having had it and being fully vaccinated. Granted, a double breakthrough isn’t likely, but there’s a chance anyway. But...it’s just a risk I’ll have to take. We all gotta eat.
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

OneStrike_ur_out wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:29 am I get it. I really do. I am just tired of the whole thing. We can’t live in March 2020 forever. I’ve had Covid. I’ve been vaccinated. And yet I am STILL expected to stay home ALL the time.
If you've been vaccinated, why do you still stay home like it's March 2020 or feel that you're expected to do so "ALL the time"?
Struggler

Post by Struggler »

I'm still doing what I've suggested from the outset: consult your physician if you have questions about the vaccine, etc. Not everyone can or should get it, which is why I asked before I did. I trust my physician more than I trust any celebrity, politician, pundit, or bureaucrat.

A mask can help if one is concerned about germs, but it has to be clean. Anyone who goes out and about has seen people with filthy masks, which are just for show. The cloth ones don't really do a lot. The filtered, N95, etc. are much more effective.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

True. Life is a risk. Men run the risk of heart attack whenever they have sex but they still do .
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
OneStrike_ur_out

When the pandemic began, there weren’t vaccines to protect us from the virus—which was why we had stay-at-home orders. But now, being up-to-date on your COVID-19 vaccinations can make you feel protected (especially if you are otherwise healthy) as those who are vaccinated are less likely to contract and get seriously ill from COVID-19. We know much more about COVID-19 now than we did in the beginning. When the pandemic began, doctors knew little about how the virus spread, how to treat it, how it behaved and its symptoms. Now, two years into the pandemic, we have much more research and data that helps us to know what to expect, how to protect ourselves and what treatment methods can be used.