I was wondering when this would happen.

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
shlybluz

I was wondering when this would happen.

Post by shlybluz »

I won't post the link to the story, but search it for yourself. A coc in Murray KY held an abbreviated service last Sunday and had a visitor that was diagnosed this week, having exposed around 150 people to it. Why does this not surprise me that it happened in a coc?
Cootie Brown

Re: I was wondering when this would happen.

Post by Cootie Brown »

It’s not just the c of C, all fundamentalist groups are susceptible to this kind of thinking. We are God’s people, this is a test of our faith, God will protect us. Have faith, do not be afraid. :roll:
candace

Post by candace »

That's crazy! No social distancing and impossible to do the 5 acts of worship if you're watching online in your house.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Their value system trumps reality. Going to church was commanded as so had to be obeyed. The reasoning was God would not command his people to do something that in itself was dangerous or bad for them, therefore the corona virus threat did not exist or was overblown.

When myth meets reality myth wins everytime.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:Going to church was commanded as so had to be obeyed.
Nowhere in the bible does it say "go to church".
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

shlybluz wrote:I won't post the link to the story, but search it for yourself. A coc in Murray KY held an abbreviated service last Sunday and had a visitor that was diagnosed this week, having exposed around 150 people to it. Why does this not surprise me that it happened in a coc?
I wouldn't be surprised if more cases arise from that service.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:
B.H. wrote:Going to church was commanded as so had to be obeyed.
Nowhere in the bible does it say "go to church".
Hebrews 10:25 says not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together. <bh says in smug holier than thou way> ;)
Last edited by B.H. on Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

It just shows that claiming to be a Christian does not shield you from your own stupdity. It is people like this who evangelize stupidity and place Christianity on a pedestal to mock by others. So true, you can't fix studpid.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

A thinking error among many is that you should keep trying to pale water out of a sinking ship. Sometimes you just need to get in the lifeboat and let the ship sink.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:A thinking error among many is that you should keep trying to pale water out of a sinking ship. Sometimes you just need to get in the lifeboat and let the ship sink.
I think that is happening in a lot of NICOCs. Kinda makes me sad because of my history with them....from birth until I left....but yet I don't see how they are doing much (as a group) that is positive for humankind. They are good people individually and will certainly help others as individuals, but as a group they are insular and exclusive.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~