Has Anyone Had This Happen?

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
roddma

Re: Has Anyone Had This Happen?

Post by roddma »

Isn't it odd they focus so much on Paul's teachings which were more rule based?
zeek

Post by zeek »

roddma wrote:Isn't it odd they focus so much on Paul's teachings which were more rule based?
Without Paul's teachings they don't exist.
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

zeek wrote:
roddma wrote:Isn't it odd they focus so much on Paul's teachings which were more rule based?
Without Paul's teachings they don't exist.
It's really the Church of Paul.
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

I've known people who "swung the other way" in terms of their beliefs. They are totally different people now. I was pretty conservative and religious until I graduated from college, then I started realizing it was a b.s. lifestyle that I wanted no part of.
ena

Post by ena »

Paul was spirit based. In 1st Corinthians he describes the spiritual gift lead Church. He had the Gift of Healing which he used on Eutychus .

Acts 20 kjv
9 And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.

10 And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him.

11 When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed.

The CoC twists his writings into rules while he was forgiveness based. He called himself the Apostile to the Gentiles. He claimed to be the Jew's Jew. He was honored by God as being very straight with humans and given the mantle of evangelist. He was beheaded in Rome under Nero around 65 CE. Nero died in 68 CE. He used Christians dipped in oil and burnt alive to light his parties. The fire in Rome Started in 64 CE. Nero blamed Christians and Christians blamed Nero.
OneStrike_ur_out

Post by OneStrike_ur_out »

roddma wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:52 am Isn't it odd they focus so much on Paul's teachings which were more rule based?
The cOC should change it's name to church of Saint Paul or some such. They sure do worship that man
"HE HAS GOTTEN PULLED AWAY!!"-The cOC's go-to answer whenever someone leaves.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Right. Not taking any responsibility for what might be wrong; always blaming the one leaving.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~