Typical! "RIP"

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
SolaDude

Re: Typical! "RIP"

Post by SolaDude »

ena wrote: All Christians sin.
That includes Catholics, Protestants, and Orthodox. Even Catholics that I've known don't spend their time running down Protestants. They are simply too involved in their own faith. Having been in the military made me realize one thing: if I am dying and a Catholic priest comes to my side asking if he could pray for me, of course I would say yes, and rejoice that God sent him my way....
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

RIP can mean rot in prison you know.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

SolaDude wrote:
That includes Catholics, Protestants, and Orthodox. Even Catholics that I've known don't spend their time running down Protestants. They are simply too involved in their own faith. Having been in the military made me realize one thing: if I am dying and a Catholic priest comes to my side asking if he could pray for me, of course I would say yes, and rejoice that God sent him my way....
I completely agree with you, Sola. Catholic, Jewish, Muslim...all can pray for me and I will be grateful. If they are led my way, then the Universe / God sent them my way.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
ena

Post by ena »

I wrote that because in the CoC you were told to be perfect. That is not correct because no human is perfect. Jesus paid for your sin if you accept him. The purpose is to free you to operate in the world. That I did not hear this in the CoC. It is fairly standard otherwise. You cannot be proud because you think you are perfect.

Ephesians 2 kjv

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.