CoC logic

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
ena

CoC logic

Post by ena »

This link is a real good example of CoC logic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYflJaw1jY0
Moogy

Re: CoC logic

Post by Moogy »

That was a very entertaining video. I wish it had not cut off before he told us his conclusions.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

ena wrote:This link is a real good example of CoC logic.

What specific illogical thing or things are you referring to, Ena?
ena

Post by ena »

SolaDude wrote:
ena wrote:This link is a real good example of CoC logic.

What specific illogical thing or things are you referring to, Ena?
CENI is used to ok opposites. One as sin and one as OK. You sin if you miss Sunday communion. No where in the Bible can the breaking of bread be exclusively the Lord's supper. Christians met in houses where there is a kitchen. It's a sin to have a kitchen in church? There are enough sins to go around that are not added sins. Why the extra sin. It's so you will be perfect. Do you know that no human approaches God as perfect. Jesus pulled it off but at great cost. He is honored in Revelation as the lamb. Here was killed the day before passover on a Wednesday. This is so because he was in the heart of the earth three days and nights as he predicted. Not the LIE that he died on a Friday and rose of Sunday. It does not meet the requirement. You don't get three nights so Jesus becomes a fraud. Do you know what to do with false prophets. Ignore them. I openly condemn the CoC. Why? look below. Read the whole chapter to get the point. This is final judgement after the thousand year reign of Jesus. My Church did not not know this or how to be saved. You have to understand Revelation to get it. As it deals with the future. It was sent to John by vision from Jesus to explain the whole picture. I could not understand it in the CoC. If you do not understand future things you cannot understand Revelation. Otherwise it is simple and direct. There are two ressurrections. You want to be part of the first. There is no evidence of a pretrib rapture. That is an added mess. Similar to the concept of purgatory.

Matthew 25 kjv

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.