Better treatment at a public library than a "Christian" one

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Fellow Traveler

Better treatment at a public library than a "Christian" one

Post by Fellow Traveler »

I'm from a town with a COC university. I'd rather not say which at this time. When my father passed years ago, I received a letter in the mail saying that a book had been added in his honor to the library of the school. I was touched, honestly. Well, fast forward a couple of years to when I'm back in town and finally make it to said library. I had wanted to be able to see this book given in my dad's honor with his name inside. I hadn't used this, or any library for that matter, in years. I found the one gargoyle of a librarian this place has and asked about the book. While she is looking it up, I joke I wouldn't know where to begin it'd been so long. They talk down at me saying "Well we failed you then! You should know how to use any library!" My non COC wife was with me and was aghast also. I come to see this token for my father and get talked down to, nearly ruining it. As I'm leaving, I sarcastically say "Sorry to bother you!". They answer, "It's ok!" Its like it just went over their head how rude they are. As the title says, I've had better service at the public library. For shame!!
B.H.

Re: Better treatment at a public library than a "Christian"

Post by B.H. »

The public library is an efficient government run entity like the post office. Of course you will get better service than a private run library. Ba ding!
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

Librarians are not supposed to act like that. Most librarians would be happy to help out. The lazy ones, of course, would want to sit there and text on their phone while you do all the work.

Some libraries can be quite disorganized, too.
ena

Post by ena »

Fellow Traveler wrote: They talk down at me saying "Well we failed you then! You should know how to use any library!"
I would say, "You're damn right." Then enjoy the reaction. There is more than one way to have fun. Most libraries are well organized as to subject. I would not know what book is submitted in someones name. They are not catalogued that way that I have seen. I have even been in microfilm archives. They have the film on reels and you can go though many newspapers and magazine that are no longer in print. The readers are large machines about the size of a washer. Today if would be done digitally. I can look up the status of properties, who the lender is and if they are in foreclosure. You can look up the tax paid on the purchase and back calculate the last sales price if is full stamp value. You can see liens. This is what a title company does. You can see firsts and seconds if they are recorded. You can look up the title holders name to find other recorded properties and judgements. You can literally value someone if they are not doing it inside corporations. Lawyers do it to see in someone is sueable. Large apartment holders do it inside of corporations. Trump says he did not declare bankruptcy. His corporations did after he robbed them with bogus fees and payouts. It makes it tough to track. Most people do not understand this way of operating. That is what is different with corporations. California was taken to the cleaners by Enron under Bush. It did not vote for Bush so he did not care as long as Texas got the money. You are seeing the royal screw job under Trump. This is how Republicans do it.
Last edited by ena on Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Coc librarian curmudgeons!! Shame on them. Sounds like some people I worked with when I was with the State. They have been there so long they think they can treat people like crap. They do, and they get away with it until they finally retire. They'd never make it out in the real world. :roll: :roll: :roll:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

Did you get to see the book you were looking for?
ena

Post by ena »

Ivy wrote:Coc librarian curmudgeons!! Shame on them. Sounds like some people I worked with when I was with the State. They have been there so long they think they can treat people like crap. They do, and they get away with it until they finally retire. They'd never make it out in the real world. :roll: :roll: :roll:
When they retire you can advance. By the time you are at the top you're a curmudgeon too. :D Its called stress.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Everytime I go to the post office I get treated really well. The people are friendly, the packages hardly ever get defaced, and stuff arrives on time.

Ups stinks. The drivers are rude, the packages get tore up, and things run behind. Only one woman impressed me who worked for ups. She had good quality work, but she said she uses the post office as an example to follow.

No wonder privately own businesses are terrified of competing with government run businesses. They fear their service, quality, and ability to get things done more efficiently.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

ena wrote:
Ivy wrote:Coc librarian curmudgeons!! Shame on them. Sounds like some people I worked with when I was with the State. They have been there so long they think they can treat people like crap. They do, and they get away with it until they finally retire. They'd never make it out in the real world. :roll: :roll: :roll:
When they retire you can advance. By the time you are at the top you're a curmudgeon too. :D Its called stress.
No, not stress. I'd say it's caused by unbridled entitlement, caused by their never having been confronted by managers about their
terrible behavior and performance. So bad habits and rudeness are able to go on forever without any consequences.

When I worked for the State my last time, different agency and later in my career, I was still working out my two weeks notice and a lady took my job. Before it was my last day, she had already confiscated my office for her own, as she had requested to be transferred into my position due to the location. She expected me to move my stuff out so she could move in before it was my time to move out. She was a bully. I have never worked with a more hateful, entitled person in my life. I bet she is still there doing the same old thing, because she knows she will never be fired, and she couldn't make it in the private sector / corporate world. She may even have worked her way up to being Commissioner of the whole dadgum state agency. Wouldn't surprise me.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

Makes you wonder how people like this get hired. The hiring people probably didn't care, they just went through the motions. Probably soon thereafter they regretted hiring this person who had no comparison to you. Did you ever ask anyone you trusted back in the organization how things were going with her?