Evolution at CoC colleges.

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
longdistancerunner

Evolution at CoC colleges.

Post by longdistancerunner »

I am a biologist and just wonder what is taught about evolution today at places like Freed Hardeman, Harding, and David Lipscomb colleges. I have never known a biologist who taught at a fundamentalist school. I go to the website of the biology departments at these schools and the only mention I see is some of the faculty say they have a Christian worldview but teach evolution in their classes. I wonder what mental gymnastics they use. It seems overall in the fundamentalist movement there has been a move away from a 6,000 year old earth to a 40,000 year old earth, I am not sure what drove this.
Ivy

Re: Evolution at CoC colleges.

Post by Ivy »

longdistancerunner wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:25 am I am a biologist and just wonder what is taught about evolution today at places like Freed Hardeman, Harding, and David Lipscomb colleges. I have never known a biologist who taught at a fundamentalist school. I go to the website of the biology departments at these schools and the only mention I see is some of the faculty say they have a Christian worldview but teach evolution in their classes. I wonder what mental gymnastics they use. It seems overall in the fundamentalist movement there has been a move away from a 6,000 year old earth to a 40,000 year old earth, I am not sure what drove this.
"

I have no idea what is now being taught about evolutionary biology at the cofc colleges. The mental gymnastics, as you mentioned, must be exhausting. From 6,000 to 40,000 year old earth, and still wrong. How do they justify this and maintain any degree of integrity?

I can't imagine.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~