Unleavened unsalted bread for communion

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Ivy

Re: Unleavened unsalted bread for communion

Post by Ivy »

I remember the first time I went with a friend to a church (Episcopal, I think?) and they had a big loaf of leavened bread for communion. :shock: :shock: :shock: I thought to myself, "What in the world?" But I went through the line anyway. The minister tore off pieces and dipped them into something, wine maybe, and gave each person a piece as they walked by.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

folks, the poor one cuppers are disturbing the peace of the Angel's in heaven. The one cuppers all believe there should be one loaf in communion. the problem is should each participant of communion break off a piece of a whole load, or should the loaf be broke in half before it I served.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
longdistancerunner

Post by longdistancerunner »

I live in TN and to my knowledge there are no no cup churches here. My late father was heavily into church doctrine and I never heard him talk about any here. There is a big battle over how liberal churches are but none are what I would describe as NI. Hughes book says the one suppers and no Sunday school movement is mainly in TX.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

longdistancerunner wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:14 am I live in TN and to my knowledge there are no no cup churches here. My late father was heavily into church doctrine and I never heard him talk about any here. There is a big battle over how liberal churches are but none are what I would describe as NI. Hughes book says the one suppers and no Sunday school movement is mainly in TX.
Oh, great. We always get the wacky outliers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~