Attended sister's pseudo liberal church

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
faithandmore

Re: Attended sister's pseudo liberal church

Post by faithandmore »

longdistancerunner wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:48 pm I forgot to add at my sister's church around Christmas time, they have a big Christmas tree in the auditorium with presents surrounding it.
Are they fake presents or real?
longdistancerunner

Post by longdistancerunner »

Looked fake but I am not sure.
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

faithandmore wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:05 pm
longdistancerunner wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:48 pm I forgot to add at my sister's church around Christmas time, they have a big Christmas tree in the auditorium with presents surrounding it.
Are they fake presents or real?
Probably fake because I doubt they'd spring for real gifts. C of C are known to be cheap and miserly. They also don't tip waitstaff.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Those boxes are full of 1950s cofc indoctrination books and tracts, old Strong's Concordances (because, you know, get the words right), and worn out King James Bibles.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

something pissed me off. I found out the Farmers Branch Church of Christ uses instruments. That was a no sunday school church at one time. No!
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:27 am something pissed me off. I found out the Farmers Branch Church of Christ uses instruments. That was a no sunday school church at one time. No!
Oh, the slippery slope.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Slippery slope is too late a description.

They have slipped and fallen into the cow pattie of error. Rebukify them Ivy, but not from the pulpit cause you are a gurl
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
zeek

Post by zeek »

They decided to evolve rather than die. That is the choice every coc congregation is going to have to make in the not too distant future.
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:26 pm Slippery slope is too late a description.

They have slipped and fallen into the cow pattie of error. Rebukify them Ivy, but not from the pulpit cause you are a gurl
I'm going to stand right there in the pulpit and rebuke them.