Acts 2:38 - I finally understand

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Tally

Acts 2:38 - I finally understand

Post by Tally »

A very, very special thank you to the person on this forum who posted the following document - this for me - this is where I discovered Acts 15:9.

http://www.gracecentered.com/Are_unbaptized_believers_lost.pdf

For all who are feeling confused about the scriptures as I also was suffering confusion and praying and searching scriptures, I urge you to sit down in quiet places and read and listen to the book of John, over and over... I believe it will help your heart see the heart of Jesus, and see His love.

I am humbled as the Lord has shown me the answer after all this searching. It's been coming together - and now I finally have had it unlocked by Acts 15:9, thanks to the Lord God.

Read Acts chapter 15, then the household of Cornelius, then Acts 15:9-11 -- now that we see what Peter believes - we have all the keys unlocked for passages in which Peter speaks of baptism.

God is faithful, and praise Him, we are free to believe in Jesus for salvation!

Romans 4
Acts 15:9
John 3:14-16
John 5:24
Genesis Chapter 15 especially verses 15:1-11 or so

Praise the Lord
SolaDude

Re: Acts 2:38 - I finally understand

Post by SolaDude »

Yet, CofC'ers will go to their graves believing faith gets you nowhere, it's not "enough". In their vernacular, it's really nothing, just some kind of mental concept that has little to do with salvation. I've thought that maybe they see it as some kind of mental discipline. But whatever, it just has nothing to do with saving anyone in their sect. In other words, being saved by faith is actually a direct ticket to Hell. Never understood it, still to this day.
longdistancerunner

Post by longdistancerunner »

Mark Twain defined faith as "believing in something that you know is really not true". I heard that one from a CoC minister.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

longdistancerunner wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:41 pm Mark Twain defined faith as "believing in something that you know is really not true". I heard that one from a CoC minister.
Pretty much. Good one!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

SolaDude wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:37 pm Yet, CofC'ers will go to their graves believing faith gets you nowhere, it's not "enough". In their vernacular, it's really nothing, just some kind of mental concept that has little to do with salvation. I've thought that maybe they see it as some kind of mental discipline. But whatever, it just has nothing to do with saving anyone in their sect. In other words, being saved by faith is actually a direct ticket to Hell. Never understood it, still to this day.
Yes. They hate the idea of faith for whatever reason.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

faithandmore wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:17 pm
SolaDude wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:37 pm Yet, CofC'ers will go to their graves believing faith gets you nowhere, it's not "enough". In their vernacular, it's really nothing, just some kind of mental concept that has little to do with salvation. I've thought that maybe they see it as some kind of mental discipline. But whatever, it just has nothing to do with saving anyone in their sect. In other words, being saved by faith is actually a direct ticket to Hell. Never understood it, still to this day.
Yes. They hate the idea of faith for whatever reason.
Because it sounds way too Baptist. :P
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~