Proper clothing for preaching!

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
OneStrike_ur_out

Re: Proper clothing for preaching!

Post by OneStrike_ur_out »

I've seen preachers in jeans and t shirts, even in the most hardcore conservative cocs
"HE HAS GOTTEN PULLED AWAY!!"-The cOC's go-to answer whenever someone leaves.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I don't care what a Church of Christ preacher wears because I'm not going to a Church of Christ.

But---for the sake of other people I hope they don't go naked. Imagine the old ugly overweight preacher up their preaching naked. eeeeewwwww.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
zeek

Post by zeek »

OneStrike_ur_out wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:00 pm I've seen preachers in jeans and t shirts, even in the most hardcore conservative cocs
This is a fairly modern phenomenon; In the not so long ago, it would have been unthinkable for a man to preach without at least a collared shirt and tie. I've seen them lay aside the suit coat on really hot days and some folks would even grumble about that.
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel