Christmas at Church?

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Shane R

Re: Christmas at Church?

Post by Shane R »

I was quite surprised to see, as I drove home from doing my Lutheran services 2 weeks ago, a CoC that I know to be non-instrumental and that I strongly suspected of being NI based on the plainness of their building had put some decorations up on the exterior.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Shane R wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:48 pm I was quite surprised to see, as I drove home from doing my Lutheran services 2 weeks ago, a CoC that I know to be non-instrumental and that I strongly suspected of being NI based on the plainness of their building had put some decorations up on the exterior.
Good for them!! Those plain little buildings need some Christmas cheer!!
What did they use? Wreaths? Lights?
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Shane R

Post by Shane R »

Bows and candy canes. Possibly some LED candlesticks in the windows; I couldn't quite tell.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Shane R wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:50 pm Bows and candy canes. Possibly some LED candlesticks in the windows; I couldn't quite tell.
Huh. Cool!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Slippery slop.

First they put in the led lights and candles, next thing you know they are sacrificing a baby to Molech. Im the first the warn you. Nothing good will come to this.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx