Disfellowship stories/issues?

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
DashRipRock

Re: Disfellowship stories/issues?

Post by DashRipRock »

[

Did the people at that Church actually shun you totally or did some stay in contact?
[/quote]

Yes they did shun me . A friend of mine saw me at a restaurant with his wife and I went over to greet them and he would not shake my hand . My mom didn't shun my family but my dad did to a certain degree (he got over it years later) . My grandmother on her deathbed asked me to come back to the
"true church " . She was a diehard to the end . The one incident with the guy not reaching out to shake my hand made me even more determined not
to ever go back . BH will get a kick out of this : This same guy later left for the "One Cup" church and he wouldn't shake anyone's hand ! True story as
best I remember ......from "The life and times of an anti-Church of Christ" . :)
longdistancerunner

Post by longdistancerunner »

DashRipRock: Amazing story, thanks!
Shane R

Post by Shane R »

I was dis-fellowshipped back in the day by a church in South Carolina. Didn't hurt my feelings. I wish I had kept the letter though. King St. CoC, Beaufort, SC.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Shane R wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:40 am I was dis-fellowshipped back in the day by a church in South Carolina. Didn't hurt my feelings. I wish I had kept the letter though. King St. CoC, Beaufort, SC.
You could have framed it, if you have that type of sense of humor. :D
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Shane R

Post by Shane R »

Ivy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:59 pm
Shane R wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:40 am I was dis-fellowshipped back in the day by a church in South Carolina. Didn't hurt my feelings. I wish I had kept the letter though. King St. CoC, Beaufort, SC.
You could have framed it, if you have that type of sense of humor. :D
I knew exactly who wrote it too. The preacher came clean with me and admitted who wrote the thing. The guy's wife couldn't cook a thing. They were rich people and ate out 90% of the time. But she invited me and my wife over to their house once for dinner and actually attempted to cook. She presented us with the most disgusting version of macaroni and cheese I have ever seen. She apparently had no idea how to make cheese sauce so this mac and cheese was floating in butter with cheddar cheese encrusted to the top layer of noodles.