Women required by scripture to wear skirts to church

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
longdistancerunner

Women required by scripture to wear skirts to church

Post by longdistancerunner »

The CoC I grew up in had a preacher who actually preached women could not wear pants to worship. The logic was somewhat tortured. And he wasn't a real conservative type overall. I remember he would also say in his sermons he would rather one of his daughters marrying a black person who was a Christian than a non Christian white person. Years later one of the daughters started dating a black man and they changed their tune about that issue a little bit.
B.H.

Re: Women required by scripture to wear skirts to church

Post by B.H. »

Ffftttt. I've dated black women, Hispanic women, and white women. Women are women.

And if they wear pants their butt does the same thing as a dress does. Sheesh.

Give the poor women a break. They need that big butt and hips to bear kids with.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

The preacher at the CoC where I was baptized as an adult would preach against women wearing pants. He would say, "If you wonder why I say that, look behind you". I thought he meant that some women were too heavy to wear pants.

If you want newcomers to understand you, then don't talk in CoC code.
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

longdistancerunner wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:21 pm The CoC I grew up in had a preacher who actually preached women could not wear pants to worship. The logic was somewhat tortured. And he wasn't a real conservative type overall. I remember he would also say in his sermons he would rather one of his daughters marrying a black person who was a Christian than a non Christian white person. Years later one of the daughters started dating a black man and they changed their tune about that issue a little bit.
That was just a very wrong way for him to make a point about marrying a Christian.

I was scolded for wearing pants to church when it was almost freezing weather.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I wouldn't have made a good woman. I'd be tempted to knock the you know what out of some of these men.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx