Went to sister's "modern" CoC

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
longdistancerunner

Went to sister's "modern" CoC

Post by longdistancerunner »

This morning I went with my sister to her CoC. Several years ago when I went they had praise singers and rock music before the service on the PA system. Now they have a full band with two guitars, bass and keyboards playing praise music. I have no idea how they explain this! It was a very traditional church that moved about 20 years ago to another building because of deterioration of the neighbor and changing demographics. Amazing!!
B.H.

Re: Went to sister's "modern" CoC

Post by B.H. »

Don't go there. Where there is instruments in the present there will be the fires of hell in the future.👹
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
longdistancerunner

Post by longdistancerunner »

B.H. wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:02 am Don't go there. Where there is instruments in the present there will be the fires of hell in the future.👹
I only went as a duty to God to report on the depth of the depravity and apostasy to warn others!
zeek

Post by zeek »

longdistancerunner wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:50 pm
B.H. wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:02 am Don't go there. Where there is instruments in the present there will be the fires of hell in the future.👹
I only went as a duty to God to report on the depth of the depravity and apostasy to warn others!
Good Answer!
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

longdistancerunner wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:50 pm
Okay but run quickly away and don't look back lest it rair fire and brimstone on you.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx