Changing Church of Christ!

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
agricola

Re: Changing Church of Christ!

Post by agricola »

It was okay. I toned things down a bit because my parents came, and of course, they don't drink! So no alcohol.

There was a cake at my sister's wedding, but I don't remember it much. I think in order for everyone to get some, they had to cut it into a LOT of teeny tiny slices.

Now for our wedding, we had spice cake. It was excellent.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
ACUAlumnus

Re: Changing Church of Christ!

Post by ACUAlumnus »

I last visited my childhood CoC about fifteen years ago. It’s in a small Texas town of some 2000 people. In the 1950s they were having around 300 for Sunday morning bible classes. When I was last there it was for the Sunday evening service. There were a couple dozen people there, and they met in the fellowship hall (adjacent to the kitchen, but they never cared abou those issues).