What the CoC is right about?

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
longdistancerunner

Re: What the CoC is right about?

Post by longdistancerunner »

FinallyFree wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:33 pm I was thinking about this topic when I was lying in bed last night. I don’t think the CofC is right about much, IMO. I don’t agree with a literal interpretation of everything in the Bible, and I don’t think the important thing is being right about everything. I have been out of the CofC almost nine years now and have never missed it for one second.
What made you decide to leave? I never believed their BS except before I was a teenager. All you have to do is read the gospels to realize they are totally wrong. I was particularly influenced by the ideas of Albert Schweitzer, who ironically was more of a "Christian" than almost anyone who believed. He lost his faith doing his dissertation on The Historical Jesus, still considered a seminal work in the area.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Schweitzer took the verse"if you do not believe in me believe in the things that I do" to heart. He was always trying to better the world. He ended up dying in Africa helping a poor hospital and orphanage. I have a lot of respect for that man. He really did try to dona lot of good.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

Longdistancerunnner, the main reason for my disillusionment was having a gay son, and someone exposing him at our church when he was in high school. Many other factors contributed to leaving, though.