The Lord's Day

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
KLP

Re: The Lord's Day

Post by KLP »

Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see - Mom
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
ena

Post by ena »

Lev wrote: I get what you're saying but would caution against equating sight to observation for a couple of reasons. First, scientists make observations all the time that don't involve directly seeing whatever phenomena are being observed. Examples: x-ray images at the hospital, satellite imagery, ultrasound, long-term data from weather stations, ice core samples, particle physics experiments done at colliders like the LHC, etc.
Exactly. This beyond the experience of many. I got an interview for an engineering job at an ultrasound company. The guy demonstrated the imaging on his own body. It was quite interesting. I have worked temperature testing 10 gig lasers. The company was wanting lasers that worked down to -40C. Lasers don't like low temperatures. These are used for high speed communications. As a friend of mine says: "Don't stare into laser with remaining eye. When you open the door to an industrial oven at that temperature it turns moisture in the air to ice crystals. Your equipment soon get coated with ice. You don't do this often or long. These ovens cycle between hot and cold. Not like a kitchen oven. The lasers were in sfp packages. Which are about 1/2 in X 1/2 in and about 4" long. In 2001 these cost around $5,000. Now they cost around $250. The state of the art is 100 gigabit. There are products in production. I don't know what they are using for logical circuitry. Protocols at that speed will have to simplify. I would like to take a set of shears to them. I have heard plenty. IP started with computer based protocols. Like windows it reached ridiculous proportions. Oh there are good reasons for each one but as speeds go up computers have more trouble keeping up. To date it's been get a faster machine. There is a point where you cannot do that. I am expecting the industry to have a come to Jesus moment.
OneStrike_ur_out

Post by OneStrike_ur_out »

Whatever happened to predictability?
"HE HAS GOTTEN PULLED AWAY!!"-The cOC's go-to answer whenever someone leaves.