Family Life

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
KLP

Re: Family Life

Post by KLP »

I thought Jesus was going to go and prepare a place, he did have a carpentry background. Watch out for that housing bubble.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
gustnickels

Post by gustnickels »

This thread made me think of a meme I saw on FB that said 'Old people always elbow me at weddings and wink and say, "You're next!" So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals.'
OneStrike_ur_out

Post by OneStrike_ur_out »

I am 42 and still have never even so much as been on a date before. A few years back at my former cOC, they were just convinced that I was a closeted homosexual. I had just turned 40 and was, of course, still single. They thought that that, in and of itself was horrible. When I told them that I had NEVER even so much as kissed a girl, held hands with a girl, called a girl on the phone, etc., well they just about hit the roof! The talk of me being a queer spread like wildfire. The truth is, I am not gay. I have just never had any luck with women. I am not an attractive guy. Although, I do see some really attractive women with some horribly revolting men, and I even know a guy who is as ugly as the day is long and is on welfare, yet has a hot girlfriend. Never quite figured that out, but I digress. Anyway, I never quite understood people's whole gay obsession. Why is everybody who is not married and not doing any dating automatically gay? The cOC says "be in the world, but not of the world". What a crock. Yeah, way to to be "apart form the world". Calling people gay just because they are still single after age 25. If you are single in the cOC, you don't stand a chance. And the thing of it is, the thing they NEVER thought about was, I am WAY TOO DAMN OLD to be trying to date now!! What female in her right mind wants some old, run down, thin haired fat ass like me? :lol: I am NOT a kid anymore and in fact, I have not been one for some time. I do not have the energy for dating that a 20 something year old has. And don't even get me started on my health issues. Yeah, I'm a real catch, alright. :roll:
"HE HAS GOTTEN PULLED AWAY!!"-The cOC's go-to answer whenever someone leaves.
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »

OneStrike_ur_out wrote:I am 42 and still have never even so much as been on a date before. A few years back at my former cOC, they were just convinced that I was a closeted homosexual. I had just turned 40 and was, of course, still single. They thought that that, in and of itself was horrible. When I told them that I had NEVER even so much as kissed a girl, held hands with a girl, called a girl on the phone, etc., well they just about hit the roof! The talk of me being a queer spread like wildfire. The truth is, I am not gay. I have just never had any luck with women. I am not an attractive guy. Although, I do see some really attractive women with some horribly revolting men, and I even know a guy who is as ugly as the day is long and is on welfare, yet has a hot girlfriend. Never quite figured that out, but I digress. Anyway, I never quite understood people's whole gay obsession. Why is everybody who is not married and not doing any dating automatically gay? The cOC says "be in the world, but not of the world". What a crock. Yeah, way to to be "apart form the world". Calling people gay just because they are still single after age 25. If you are single in the cOC, you don't stand a chance. And the thing of it is, the thing they NEVER thought about was, I am WAY TOO DAMN OLD to be trying to date now!! What female in her right mind wants some old, run down, thin haired fat ass like me? :lol: I am NOT a kid anymore and in fact, I have not been one for some time. I do not have the energy for dating that a 20 something year old has. And don't even get me started on my health issues. Yeah, I'm a real catch, alright. :roll:

People have thought I was gay since I was a teenager. I don't have any gay mannerisms to speak of, but I am not "conventionally masculine" to a lot of people, since I have absolutely no interest in sports. When I was in high school in Hendersonville back in the mid-1970s, that was all that was needed to get on the "I think that he's gay" list. One of my very good friends got very angry at some guys who were concocting such a list. He told me about it and I just had to laugh! I told him, "Well, if they could have a peek inside my subconscious mind, they would know for sure that I was attracted to women, but they would likely be utterly horrified at my depraved violent fantasies!" We wound up having a good laugh about it...
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »

Tsathoggua wrote:
OneStrike_ur_out wrote:I am 42 and still have never even so much as been on a date before. A few years back at my former cOC, they were just convinced that I was a closeted homosexual. I had just turned 40 and was, of course, still single. They thought that that, in and of itself was horrible. When I told them that I had NEVER even so much as kissed a girl, held hands with a girl, called a girl on the phone, etc., well they just about hit the roof! The talk of me being a queer spread like wildfire. The truth is, I am not gay. I have just never had any luck with women. I am not an attractive guy. Although, I do see some really attractive women with some horribly revolting men, and I even know a guy who is as ugly as the day is long and is on welfare, yet has a hot girlfriend. Never quite figured that out, but I digress. Anyway, I never quite understood people's whole gay obsession. Why is everybody who is not married and not doing any dating automatically gay? The cOC says "be in the world, but not of the world". What a crock. Yeah, way to to be "apart form the world". Calling people gay just because they are still single after age 25. If you are single in the cOC, you don't stand a chance. And the thing of it is, the thing they NEVER thought about was, I am WAY TOO DAMN OLD to be trying to date now!! What female in her right mind wants some old, run down, thin haired fat ass like me? :lol: I am NOT a kid anymore and in fact, I have not been one for some time. I do not have the energy for dating that a 20 something year old has. And don't even get me started on my health issues. Yeah, I'm a real catch, alright. :roll:

People have thought I was gay since I was a teenager. I don't have any gay mannerisms to speak of, but I am not "conventionally masculine" to a lot of people, since I have absolutely no interest in sports. When I was in high school in Hendersonville back in the mid-1970s, that was all that was needed to get on the "I think that he's gay" list. One of my very good friends got very angry at some guys who were concocting such a list. He told me about it and I just had to laugh! I told him, "Well, if they could have a peek inside my subconscious mind, they would know for sure that I was attracted to women, but they would likely be utterly horrified at my depraved violent fantasies!" We wound up having a good laugh about it...

Also, I have very rarely been too interested in dating. I have only had three romantic relationships in my life! (All the girls -- all three of them, mind you -- were very attractive.) I'm not particularly nice-looking, but I ain't ugly, either. (I am only 5' 5", though, and I have always heard that shortness can be a deal-breaker for lots of women.) Relationships have never really been my thing, though, since I am an introvert. I prefer fantasy to reality! (And a few happenstance encounters at comic book conventions, etc. Of course, those conventions hardly constitute regular reality...)

You know, if you really want to go out and meet an age-appropriate woman, it can definitely be done! I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of women didn't consider you as "old and run down" as you think you are...

At the same time, of course, there is no reason to start dating just because that is something that you think you need to do. Are you happy just doing your own thing?
OneStrike_ur_out

Post by OneStrike_ur_out »

Tsathoggua wrote:
Tsathoggua wrote:

Also, I have very rarely been too interested in dating. I have only had three romantic relationships in my life! (All the girls -- all three of them, mind you -- were very attractive.) I'm not particularly nice-looking, but I ain't ugly, either. (I am only 5' 5", though, and I have always heard that shortness can be a deal-breaker for lots of women.) Relationships have never really been my thing, though, since I am an introvert. I prefer fantasy to reality! (And a few happenstance encounters at comic book conventions, etc. Of course, those conventions hardly constitute regular reality...)

You know, if you really want to go out and meet an age-appropriate woman, it can definitely be done! I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of women didn't consider you as "old and run down" as you think you are...

At the same time, of course, there is no reason to start dating just because that is something that you think you need to do. Are you happy just doing your own thing?
I am definitely happy doing my own thing. Another thing that people just don't seem to get is, my life is a certain way now. I am older and VERY set in my ways. I really don't have the time to invest in dating. For one thing, I am very involved in my nieces' lives. To be honest, I'd much rather invest time with them instead of investing it in some woman that I don't know. No offense at all to women, but some of them do tend to be controlling. I could just see trying to date now, and having some woman tell me what I could and/or could not do. I have a friend who is 40, and up until just two years ago, he had never even so much as been on one date before in his life. Then, one day, somehow, someway, he met some BEAUTIFUL young girl. I mean, she was mid-20's and looked like a damn super model, while he was late 30's with a gut and damn near bald. I don't know how he did it, but not only did he date her, but somehow eventually married her. I'd be lying through my teeth if I said that I wasn't just a tad jealous. But, I was more scratching my head, wondering what was REALLY going on. Here it is, two years later. They are still married, but they have had some rough times. She does not work and expects him to pamper her. She reminds him constantly that he scored WAY above his head and that she is a trophy wife and he is "just some old dude". When times got tough financially, she DEMANDED that HE go out and get a second job. And he did it without question. He can fake that smile all he wants to, but everyone KNOWS how miserable he is. While he is out there killing himself working at least two jobs to keep her happy, he tries to remind himself that he has a hot wife at home that makes this all worth it. Meanwhile, she lays around his house all day, living the dream life, talking to and texting her ex-boyfriend, who I KNOW she would rather be with. That dude is young and way more attractive than my friend is (even by my friend's own admisson), it's just that he is broke, whereas my friend at least has some money. And to top it all off, her looks are already not what they once were. And she is still young! At any rate, that just does not sound like any kind of life for me. My friend really did think that meeting someone and getting married would fix everything for him. He could not have been more wrong.
"HE HAS GOTTEN PULLED AWAY!!"-The cOC's go-to answer whenever someone leaves.
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »

I am definitely happy doing my own thing. Another thing that people just don't seem to get is, my life is a certain way now. I am older and VERY set in my ways. I really don't have the time to invest in dating. For one thing, I am very involved in my nieces' lives. To be honest, I'd much rather invest time with them instead of investing it in some woman that I don't know. No offense at all to women, but some of them do tend to be controlling. I could just see trying to date now, and having some woman tell me what I could and/or could not do. I have a friend who is 40, and up until just two years ago, he had never even so much as been on one date before in his life. Then, one day, somehow, someway, he met some BEAUTIFUL young girl. I mean, she was mid-20's and looked like a damn super model, while he was late 30's with a gut and damn near bald. I don't know how he did it, but not only did he date her, but somehow eventually married her. I'd be lying through my teeth if I said that I wasn't just a tad jealous. But, I was more scratching my head, wondering what was REALLY going on. Here it is, two years later. They are still married, but they have had some rough times. She does not work and expects him to pamper her. She reminds him constantly that he scored WAY above his head and that she is a trophy wife and he is "just some old dude". When times got tough financially, she DEMANDED that HE go out and get a second job. And he did it without question. He can fake that smile all he wants to, but everyone KNOWS how miserable he is. While he is out there killing himself working at least two jobs to keep her happy, he tries to remind himself that he has a hot wife at home that makes this all worth it. Meanwhile, she lays around his house all day, living the dream life, talking to and texting her ex-boyfriend, who I KNOW she would rather be with. That dude is young and way more attractive than my friend is (even by my friend's own admisson), it's just that he is broke, whereas my friend at least has some money. And to top it all off, her looks are already not what they once were. And she is still young! At any rate, that just does not sound like any kind of life for me. My friend really did think that meeting someone and getting married would fix everything for him. He could not have been more wrong.

Wow, that's quite a story! I have never understood the utter desperation people get themselves into simply because they are not in a relationship. And I agree with your assertion about controlling women. (Of course, guys can have control-issues, as well.) A relationship just ain't really no big deal...
GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero »

You'd think the COC would be sympathetic, since their superhero, the Almighty Apostle Paul only stopped just short of commanding celibacy. Another set of verses that the Church of Christ pretends doesn't exist.