CoC and Introversion

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Mamabear

Re: CoC and Introversion

Post by Mamabear »

My father preached regarding introverts and essentially said you can’t be one and be a Christian.
We were in a small congregation I no longer attend. The man he was preaching to left.
I feel embarrassed knowing he was called out for having a different personality type.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

I like the Myers Briggs Type Indicator because it can help us understand the value of our different personalities.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

Mamabear wrote:My father preached regarding introverts and essentially said you can’t be one and be a Christian.
We were in a small congregation I no longer attend. The man he was preaching to left.
I feel embarrassed knowing he was called out for having a different personality type.
Introversion was once defined as a mental disorder. Introverts are intensely discriminated against in society.

Extroverts seem to enjoy church more, let's face it, it's like a social event in some ways. I felt uncomfortable in the classes because they required active participation and you had to be very talkative.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I find a lot of the acts of extroverts shallow and with do depth. I find more often than not they cannot or do not think that critically about serious subjects. I am not judging just being honest about how I feel.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx