An Observation

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
NotFarEnough

Re: An Observation

Post by NotFarEnough »

agricola wrote:
MusicMan826 wrote:Sounds very familiar. It's all about "the church". A similar thing I never really noticed until I left and saw someone one point it out on here is that in the COC you rarely hear people say, "Jesus says..." but always "The bible says..." They don't tend to talk about Jesus too much (especially not in December...don't want God to think we're celebrating Christmas!) but it's always the church and the bible. More than once I've heard people say that the COC doesn't worship God and Jesus, they worship the church and the bible.
Yes. 'The Bible' trumps anything 'Jesus' - unless Jesus happened to say something the coc is actually in favor of.
True dat. I'm half convinced the reason they're so obsessed with having the lord's supper every week is because having it at all was something Jesus talked about. it's one of the only things they do that Jesus mentioned. It costs them nothing, they don't have to be decent to people or anything! As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything else they do that Jesus talked about.