Plastic Flowers.

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
agricola

Re: Plastic Flowers.

Post by agricola »

Now now, williamray! you KNOW the reason that steeples and stained glass must be rejected is because they are DENOMINATIONAL!! And worse! They are ROMAN CATHOLIC!!!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
onward

Post by onward »

agricola wrote:Now now, williamray! you KNOW the reason that steeples and stained glass must be rejected is because they are DENOMINATIONAL!! And worse! They are ROMAN CATHOLIC!!!
A careful exegesis of Jude 2:7-9 should forever settle the "steeples and stained glass" situation, or not!
Freedom in Christ always trumps slavery to legalism
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

agricola wrote:The organ, however - oh, the organ! Perhaps it may be used for weekday weddings, as long as it is absolutely removed and invisible on Sundays altogether. Maybe you could stash it in the new kitchen area.
There is no place it can be safe from a biddie with an ax.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
KLP

Post by KLP »

onward wrote:
agricola wrote:Now now, williamray! you KNOW the reason that steeples and stained glass must be rejected is because they are DENOMINATIONAL!! And worse! They are ROMAN CATHOLIC!!!
A careful exegesis of Jude 2:7-9 should forever settle the "steeples and stained glass" situation, or not!
I guess you got the Spinal Tap translation, because my Jude only goes to one.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

klp wrote:
onward wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I kept looking for "Jude 2" online........have been gone from cofc so long I forgot.....HAHAHA!!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:
agricola wrote:The organ, however - oh, the organ! Perhaps it may be used for weekday weddings, as long as it is absolutely removed and invisible on Sundays altogether. Maybe you could stash it in the new kitchen area.
There is no place it can be safe from a biddie with an ax.

Biddies did cut up organs.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
onward

Post by onward »

Ivy wrote:
klp wrote:
onward wrote: A careful exegesis of Jude 2:7-9 should forever settle the "steeples and stained glass" situation, or not!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I kept looking for "Jude 2" online........have been gone from cofc so long I forgot.....HAHAHA!!!
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Freedom in Christ always trumps slavery to legalism
Jackson-5

Post by Jackson-5 »

I haven’t seen plastic flowers since so many years, now I think everyone prefers original fresh flowers for even decoration part too. Just last week I had attended a wedding and venue was decorated with fresh flowers only. When I asked bride about flowers, she shared about Flower Delivery Los Angeles services with me.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Is toilet paper paid for out of the church treasury in the non-institutional churches?
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
gordie91

Post by gordie91 »

B.H.,

I remember once at a small NI CoC, they had TP rotation! It wasn't called that but whoever cleaned the building that month was to make sure there was plenty on hand. I crap you negative!